Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Musicalcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Can credit co freeze joint bank account in Georgia
    I have a joint account with my daughter. Citibank is suing me for unpaid credit card. If they get a judgement, can they freeze this checking account ? They would be taking her $$ too - is this legal to take anothers money when the other joint account owner ha the debt?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 08:17 AM

If your name is associated with the account.. they can do it if they have a writ of garnishment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 08:29 AM

Yes they may freeze the joint account, and then she will have to go to court and prove what money is hers and what money is yours, They will assume most of it is yours till proved different
    Musicalcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 08:32 AM

What about an on-line savings account like Emigrant? How do they find these accounts anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can capitol one credit card put a freeze on my bank account and take evrythng n there [ 2 Answers ]

I checked my bank account one day and noticed the 18 dollars I had in there was gone and I hadn't spent it... after calling the bank they said capitol one had put a freeze on my account for garnishment... can they do this without notifying me. I never went to court for a garnishment..

Can Garnishment from credit card debt freeze bank account or income taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I Have a garnishment from a credit card but no courts were involved is that company able to freeze my bank account or take my income tax. The debt was sold to a collection agency

Freeze Bank Account PA [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and living in PA. If a credit card company files a judgement against us, can they freeze our bank account. The only funds being deposities are social security and a government pension.

Can a credit card company freeze my bank account? (In California) [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have a credit card that is overdue but has not gone to a collection agency and has not become a judgement (yet) and this credit card company has recently merged with my bank. I did not receive any notices, but they have frozen my bank account and have charged me a processing fee of...

Can they freeze my bank account [ 2 Answers ]

One more question if I was to get A judgement. Can they freeze my bank account There nothing in it. The only money that's coms is my s.s disabilty every month?? :confused: :confused: :

View more questions Search