Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SiaraSmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 06:25 AM
    What do men like to hear when a woman is really sorry, or do.
    "I insult a soldier but accidentally, calling him Immature, swise, coward and meaningless. I know I did wrong, so what can I say to him, what do men like to hear when a woman is really sorry, and that the last thing she wanted was to hurt him with her words. " Now, I called him but he hung up on me. He is my student by the way, I'm his english teacher 27 and he's 30.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 06:42 AM

Could I just clarify your question.

You insulted a student of yours by calling him immature,a coward and meaningless,you want to apolize but he hung up on you.

Is that correct?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 06:51 AM

Doesn't sound like acceptable behavior for an english teacher.

I'm sorry but I can't see how anyone can "accidentally" call someone all the names that came out of your mouth.

If this occurred in front of other people, he is probably feeling quite embarrassed. IF it did occur in front of other people, I would suggest you apologize in front of them as well.

You can't make him answer his phone and talk to you, but you can accept this as a lesson to keep your mouth closed.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 08:51 AM

Are you kidding me, you as a teacher insulted a student of yours who happens to be a soldier. Then have the gull to also state that the last thing you wanted to do was to hurt him. When you insult someone it is meant to hurt them, otherwise you wouldn't go to that level. If I was that student, I would have reported your unprofessional misconduct!! I understand that teachers are human beings and get angry, but some of us in this country also believe that they should be applauded for taking on the responsibility of teaching our youth. Even our college students.
    You need to re-examine why you became a teacher. Insulting and demeaning a student isn't the way to get his attention.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 09:06 AM

This isn't a case of a 'woman' needing to apologize to a 'man'. Unless you are trying to make the relationship more personal than teacher/student which brings up very different advice.

This is the case of a teacher insulting a student. Without knowing what happened and if you insulted him personally or if you insulted him by insulting the military and those serving, I would suggest that you think about what you said and why. Make certain that your personal opinions are not affecting your professional behavior. Next time you see him, politely ask for a moment of his time and IF he grants it, ask for his forgiveness. No more no less. Accept any response he gives as the personal end of the matter. IF the incident happened in class, apologize to him and the class for unprofessional behavior and not thinking before you spoke.

Keep it as professional as you can from this point on.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 09:41 AM

You're post is confusing, are you asking a question on someone else's behalf, hence the quotation marks?

Secondly, she should apologize face to face. Over the phone ain't going to cut it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men Only: How many Partners is toomany for a woman? [ 18 Answers ]

My question is this: Men 1. Please tell whether you are single or married and your age 2. What is the number of sexual partners you start to think a woman is "slutty" ? In otherwords what number are you okay with, and what number do you start to think oh my... she's been around I wouldn't...

I am woman, hear me roar. [ 12 Answers ]

A teacher gave her fifth grade class an assignment: Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it. The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell their stories. Kathy said, "My father's a farmer and we have a lot of egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our...

Men: Did your wife leave you for another woman? [ 2 Answers ]

How does it feel for a man if his wife or long-term girlfriend leaves him for another woman? How did you cope with that? Any advice?

Two men, one woman [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people, I posted a thread before about me being with a guy and I was unsure of whether we were together or not. Well, it turns out that yes, we are finally officially together. Now the problem is that we always end up fighting for stupid reasons and it always seems like it's my fault. It's...

View more questions Search