Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mekahoney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 05:18 AM
    My name was forged on a court document, can I sue
    I name was forged on a child support document in court. I was not notified that I had a hearing as well. I got a cop of the court case sent to me by mail and I noticed that this was not my signature at all!! I want to know can I sue the system.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mekahoney View Post
    I noticed that this was not my signature
    What was the document upon which was the forged signature?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Probably not "sue the system", but surely this would be grounds for appeal or dismissal, etc. Do you have an attorney?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My signature is forged on a notarized document [ 22 Answers ]

I have 1 original notorized divorcement agreement that I've just noticed was not signed by me. Two others are a copy with different signatures that also look forged (copied). I don't know what to do and lawyers want a retainer fee which I don't have. Does a notarized document need a witness?...

Ex-wife forged my signature on document. Is there anything I can do? [ 2 Answers ]

Ex-wife forged my signature on tax document, changed address to her and has tax refund check. Is there anything I can do with regards to the law of her forging my signature? Keith

Uttering a forged document [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the bank to verify if a cheque I received was ligit , ask me to sit and had me waiting for a long time , next thing I know the police came and arested me for uttering a forged document and also fraud under 5000 is this legal can I sue them ?

Forged document [ 1 Answers ]

My signatured was forged by my ex- wife and she used it to obtain United states international passport for my son with out my consent.. what do I do I about it?

Do I have a right to sue and in which court should I go? [ 2 Answers ]

Please forgive me, but I am not sure where to start less alone what to do. I will try to be as clear as I can. I am a 53 year old female. My father died 7 years ago. My stepmother and I have always had a strained relationship. My mother died in 1982. My father married my stepmother in 1986....

View more questions Search