Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerry57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 04:55 AM
    should one include a termninal value in the calculation of IRR ?
    For example year 0 cash outlay is -1000
    year 1 cash inflow +500, year 2 +700 when calculating IRR on these three year cashflows should one add a terminal value to the cash inflow of year 2 ? Which terminal value can be estimated using year 2 cash inflow as well ?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Oct 13, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Yes, the existence of a terminal value implies that the asset or security has some positive value remaining immediately following the 700 Y2 inflow. It might be (a) the market value at such time, or it might be (b) the PV of any remaining expected cash flows (and of course (a) should = (b)). In any case, a good IRR calc will include this value just as if it was a Y2 inflow as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculation Of IRR [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help to calculate the Internal Rate of Return in finance??

Irr calculation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Can someone please give me the formula with which I could calculate irr-internal rate of return by: 1. interpolation 2. via excel spreadsheet. Please include both methods, as a control measure I'd like to use both to get the same answer. Regards

Calculation of IRR and NPV Equation [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me with the equation calculations. If the project is (10,000), year 1 10,000 how do I 1. Set this up in excel and 2. solve via equation

View more questions Search