Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexthare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:58 AM
    System gets hanged after I use it for more than an hour
    I own a compaq presario desktop the system gets hanged after I use it for more than an hour and the only way to shut down is to switch off by pressing the power switch for some time.Other methods (Cntr+Alt+Delete) has no effect.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
    Sounds like maybe your mother board or processor is over heating. Take a look inside your computer and see if both fans are running. If they are... it may be a hard drive problem. I don't know the exact specs for how hot your processor should get so I can't tell you what it should be. I'm going to say it's most likely a heat problem though. It may be an easy fix just to replace the bad fan is there is one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a typical hour by hour schedule for an RN working in a hospital? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a schedule of what RNs do on a daily basis. I know there are many possibilities but a typical day schedule would be great.

Zero Hour [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a film in school around the 1980's. I think it was a scholastic 8 mm movie . It was called "Zero Hour" . It was about a group of kids playing a game "invasion". The main character is a little girl named Ming. It was set in the future. The game takes a twist and ends up being a real alien...

Hour cut [ 4 Answers ]

My friend works in the kitchen at a franchise he walk in to work and was there for an hour they told him to go home. Is there a law that states that they would have to pay him for at lease 4 hours

System hanged [ 2 Answers ]

My system opened and showed the message, RESTORE THE ACTIVE DESKTOP, at the same time mouse is moving over the icon and the icons are not selected and not opened. System hanged. Why this problem came and how to restore the same. Explain in step by step. Regards, panneerselvam.

A/c only runs for an hour [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, about 3 days ago my a/c unit inside started to pour out water. I bought a wet dry vac and unclogged the pipes, and changed the filter. Now, it will work fine for about an hour, then it starts to struggle. The inside unit tries to run but it does not kick in only makes whispering noise and...

View more questions Search