Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mick24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 06:10 PM
    IE 6 browser
    How can I reinstall i.e. 6 after being unsuccessful in installing i.e. 7?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
    I hope you get some good answers here. I was pleased with my 6.0 and did not like it when I downloaded some updates and it automatically changed my system to 7.0 which I really don't care for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    I hope you get some good answers here. I was pleased with my 6.0 and did not like it when I downloaded some updates and it automatically changed my system to 7.0 which I really don't care for.
    Unless you have your windows updates set to automatically install, IE 7 would NOT install automatically. You probably didn't check the list of updates and note that IE 7 was among them.

But its easy to go back. Just go to Add/Remove Software and uninstall 7
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jan 2, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Hello Mick,

You do not say which browser you are currently using.

I am assuming you are now using IE7 upgraded from IE6.

If so, to uninstall it:

1) Click 'Start' and 'Control Panel'

2) Double click 'Add or remove programs'

3) Scroll down to 'Windows Internet Explorer 7'. Click and highlight it.

4) Click 'Remove'

This should bring your browser back to IE6. Your system may need to be restarted for the changes to take place, but is should not affect any other installations or programs you may have.

If you cannot find 'Windows Internet Explorer 7' in your Add or remove programs list, check the box 'Show updates' at the top of the page. 'Windows Internet Explorer 7' should now be visible. If so click 'Remove' and IE7 should be uninstalled and your system revert back to IE6. Again this may require a restart.

If you are using another browser please post the details here and I am sure someone will be able to help.

I hope this has been of help

Cy
    (Poseidon)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shell Browser - Help [ 2 Answers ]

I know I had asked this question someone before and I cannot find the answer at the moment. So I decided to start a new thread just to deal with this issue. Sorry about that. I have now have this pop up and I do not know what to do. I think this is appearing because I just put on Spyware blaster...

AOL Browser [ 13 Answers ]

I click on the shortcut to launch the browser and it launches, but after it loads my home page, the browser closes . Any ideas? Thanks. I have some bookmarks that I would like to get and backup before I uninstall and re install

My browser is being hijacked... [ 6 Answers ]

Every time I open a browser window it changes to "Searchfrombrowser". I google'd it and I think it's part of NewDotNet but I can't find ANYTHING that will get rid of it. Any suggestions? Many thanks! GWI :-/

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

Browser issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having a hesitation issue with my browser. I'm using IE version 6.0.2800.1106IC. I had a feeling it was spyware or a virus. I ran adaware and spybot. Spybot keeps finding a dso exploit. I have spybot delete it but it keeps coming back. I also had a reference to VX2 but I seem to have...

View more questions Search