Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rentalhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 08:24 PM
    Join PVC drain to a 3 1/2" clean-out on cast iron
    Installed a new bathroom on main level with shower stall. How do I connect the drain to a 3 1/2" clean-out on a cast iron pipe?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 13, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rentalhouse View Post
    Installed a new bathroom on main level with shower stall. How do I connect the drain to a 3 1/2" clean-out on a cast iron pipe?
    Not enough information. 2" trap and drain line on the shower? This clean out. Is it a clean out tee on its back? Also, this 3 1/2 " measure. Where did you get that from? A hub or a bald end? A picture would be nice. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron or PVC drain? [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of replacing an all tile shower. The plumber has brought over a new drain kit which is cast iron. The drain in the concrete floor is pvc. And our tile man is concerned about a secure seal since they are two types of material. He is trying to prevent any future leakage which...

How to join PVC to cast Iron [ 1 Answers ]

I need to join a 4 inch cast iron to a pvc bent without using the oakum and packing led how do I do it??

Inherited: Leaky PVC to cast iron join [ 5 Answers ]

So we just bought a house and it seems that the joint where the 2nd floor bathroom toilet's PVC drain pipe is joined into the main cast-iron drain is leaking with a pretty constant drip. Needless to say, that doesn't do good things for the 1st floor bathroom's drywall ceiling. LOL. :rolleyes: ...

Join pvc drain into middle of existing cast iron [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am planning to move the sink in my bathroom. I've already figure out (it's pretty easy) where to put the copper pipes with hot cold water. Right now I am trying to figure out the best way to do the dranage. There's a cast iron pipe about 4' in diameter, that runs from...

Join 4" PVC to Cast Iron Hub [ 2 Answers ]

I am re-routing the main sewer line that goes through the basement/crawl space of my 70+ year old house. Simply put, there are too many re-plumbs, new lines, and/or patches by previous generations. In the next months, a new kitchen and bathroom downstairs are going to cut into this patchwork 2...

View more questions Search