Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccardhelp101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 04:53 PM
    CCard judgment hearing questions
    An attorney for Federated Financial Corp (3rd party debt collector) has ordered me to appear before another attorney to give him information on my vehicles, copies of my wage statements, monthly bank statements for the past 3 years, copies of my State and Fed tax returns and real estate tax notices for the past year. He is going to look at this info to see if this property can be used to satisfy a judgment against me and garnish my wages. What rights do I have and what do I HAVE to bring him for this settlement? Is it possible he can take my car or truck? How much can he garnish?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 06:26 PM

Yes, the judgment creditor is entitled to ALL of your financial information. Yes, he could take your car or truck. You at this point have no rights concerning full financial disclosure.

Montana follows Federal garnishment guidelines which are up to 25% of disposable income.

I do not particularly like this site and find it slanted BUT it explains things well - Wage garnishment laws and your rights explained here!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 06:26 PM

Asked and answered on your other thread. Please post once. {Theads merged-<>}
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2010, 06:42 PM

You don't have to provide info unless a court ordered it. If its just the attorney for the plaintiff tell him to get a court order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about a hearing [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently came from a deposition on a car accident I had back in 2006. I was not in the wrong. However, the insurance company wanted to "lowball" me. Now I have to go to an Abitration hearing. What is it? What should I expect? The person that hit me was not at the deposition hearing.

Motion for default judgment hearing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Motion for default judgment hearing in 2 weeks, The judgment (27K) is the last straw in a crumbling financial house already. I will be filing for bankruptcy (7) prior to that. (self-employed 2006-90K 2007-35K, house is in foreclosure) Will I still need to attend the hearing? Or what would...

Judgment vacated/ new hearing /statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

I was sued over old credit card debt, and the debt collectors had not served me with a summons, so there was a default judgement against me in dec 2006. I had the judgement vacated pending a new hearing in feb. if the statute of limitations on this debt had not run out in dec 2006 - at the time of...

Judgment questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all - I am new here so have patience with me. I have a question about a summons and answer regarding Unifund CCR and a scumbag collection attorney. I have been studying the posts on judgments in here all day long. I have some great and appreciated information about filing an answer,...

View more questions Search