Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianedwa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Enter type of file --HELP
    I am just trying to upload a resume to an IREX career site and after I BROWSE, CHOOSE MY FILE FROM MY DESKTOP and SAVE... it repeatedy asks me to enter type of file. I don't know how/where to do that.. since usually it happens automatcially?

I have tried to upload it as a word .doc. A pdf, and a 2007 .docx... with the same response. Can you HELP?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 04:18 PM

What is the suffix of your resume file? What program did you write it under.
    dianedwa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 04:31 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    I don't understand LOL
    The name of the file is DWA_resume.docx
    Or dwa_resume.pdf
    etc.

Please explain what you mean.. sorry I do not understand??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2010, 04:41 PM

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Save the file as a 97-2003 DOC file. Then select /enter the type of files as a Word Doc.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 05:03 PM

Another bit of Info. WIth a file named DWA_resume.docx you are apparently using OpenOffice. It will be either, DWA_resume.docx OR DWA_resume.pdf. It doesn't save it as both. The Suffix is the .docx That is OpenOffice, IF is a .pdf then its an Adobe Acrobat file. It matters what it was originally, THAT specifies how the file itself is organized.

Try what ScottGem recommended first.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2010, 06:36 PM

Docx is the default extension for MS Office 2007 and 2010.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 06:47 PM

Yes the filetype .docx is the newer versions of Office not openoffice.

Rick
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 05:37 AM

Don't know how I managed to get those mixed up but I did. I'm still using Office 97.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 05:51 AM

That's OK. I believe openoffice's file extension for a word document is .odt

I could be wrong though, I haven't used openoffice except to install or friends when Microsoft Suite isn't an option.

Rick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mp4 file type. [ 4 Answers ]

Guys where I can download a program or a plug-in to play my mp4 file type? Tnx..

My wife with L2 visa did not enter US yet, can I file as married [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have L1 visa and also have SSN. My wife has L2 visa but she still did not enter to US. I am planning to apply for ITIN number for my wife and send the application(W7form) along with my returns. In that case can I file my returns as married and claim accordingly? Or is it that she did...

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

File type error [ 3 Answers ]

File type error, when trying to upload pictures to a walmart photo site from photo gallery I get a message unable to upload file type error why is this. At the bottom I also get error on page. Thanks

File System Type [ 6 Answers ]

What are the type of file system for Ubuntu,Fedora,Sun solaris? i.e. windows file system is FAT32/NTFS, what are the type for Ubuntu,Fedora,Sun solaris?

View more questions Search