Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvalencia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
    How long does vicodin stay in your system
    I wanted to know how long vicodin will stay in your system. I applied for a job and I will have to drug test. I take vicodin under doctors care
    And I don't want that in my system. How many days does it take to flush it out of my system. And is there something I can take to help. Like or juice etc.

Thank you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 03:11 PM

You can simply say you ARE taking that, present the doctors orders to prove it... and THEN its acceptable. I've had to take several drug tests over the years for a number of employers. I do remember being asked that even if I don't remember the exact way it was asked. The do ask you for ALL the medications you have been taking. What they are looking for are people abusing then which obviously won't have a doctors slip.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 07:05 PM

Whether Vicodin (hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen) is even detected is dependent on the test used.

Standard drug tests, 5 panel as used for Federal employers, as well as those contracted to federal agencies, do not test for, in fact are prohibited from testing for, other than 5 basic categories and those tests do not detect hydrocodone.

However, private employers can use any type of test they choose and hydrocodone is easy enough to test for using an expanded drug panel with a low (or no) cutoff.

In the event it is tested for, how long it remains in your system is dependent on numerous factors, including dosage and how long you have been taking the medication.

A good guess is min. 2 days to max 6 days.

Don't blame you for wanting to avoid providing a prescription as some employers also use these tests as pre-employment health screening tools as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system?

How long does vicodin stay in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system?

How long does vicodin stay in system [ 2 Answers ]

I neeed to know how long vicodin stays in your system

View more questions Search