Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 11:30 AM
    NY forgets to mail absentee ballots to the troops
    Mayor Bloomy and Sen Schmuck Schumer are feigning outrage over the fact that as many as 20,000 absentee ballots were not sent to troops serving overseas .
    New York election officials were required to ship the ballots to U.S. Mayor Bloomy and Sen Schmuck Schumer are feigning outrage over the fact that as many as 20,000 absentee ballots were not sent to troops serving overseas .
    New York election officials were required to ship the ballots to U.S. citizens living overseas by Sept. 17. Because New York primaries were held Sept. 14, the feds granted local officials an extension until Oct. 1.

Several New York counties blew past the extension - including the city's five boroughs.

Schumer urged election officials to rush delivery of the ballots to ensure that military votes are counted.

"Put these ballots on the next plane to Afghanistan," Schumer demanded. "There is absolutely no excuse for failing to get this done."

New York State Board of Elections officials informed the feds late last week of their failure to meet the Oct. 1 deadline, which also occurred in Westchester, Putnam, Erie and Niagara counties.

In all, there are 49,468 registered overseas voters in New York State, 20,172 of whom are in the military.

In the five boroughs, there are 36,446 registered overseas voters, including 6,557 who serve in the armed forces, election officials said.
    Board of Elections gaffe may nullify New York soldiers' overseas absentee ballots

I wonder if Eric Holder will have time on his busy plate to add an investigation onto the docket. Maybe he'll slip it in after the New Black Panther investigation... oh wait . They dropped that case. Never mind.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 01:32 PM

It's just a way of taking those 20K ballots and using them to vote for whoever they so chose to "win" with.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 03:25 PM

Normally in NY the Dems cruise and often run unopposed . It is a testament to their desperation that they would resort to such underhanded tactics .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 04:48 AM

I think its an INTENTIONAL "mistake". Since the military tends to vote conservative... and New York isn't.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    It's just a way of taking those 20K ballots and using them to vote for whoever they so chose to "win" with.
    Want to bet they would "turn up" in some DMC party members trunk... like in Minnesota.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Normally in NY the Dems cruise and often run unopposed . It is a testament to their desperation that they would resort to such underhanded tactics .
    Hello tom:

I read the article pretty closely. I didn't see ANYTHING in there about Democrats doing ANYTHING.. What I read is that the New York State Board of Elections screwed up. Plus, it said NOTHING about it being intentional or underhanded.

I'm not here defending the Democrats. They certainly MIGHT be behind this crap... But, you have NO CLUE whether that's so or not. In the article YOU posted, it says NOTHING remotely similar to what you suggest it does.. It's not even close. You're making the entire thing up.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 10:14 AM

Yes purely speculation on my part. You could never be accused of that. An oversight would've been one county board of elections. In this case it was 6 ,including NYC board of elections.
    The Dems would never resort to that . They are more into sending guys to election locations with night sticks shouting racial slurs at the voters.
    But incompetence is always good cover... and if that don't work they can always fall back on the dead people they sent stimulus checks to.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 08:25 PM

It seems that Illinois apparently has also 'forgot' to send ballots overseas.

Reported by WLS in Chicago.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 07:18 AM

Yes ,read that this morning. 25 IL counties failed to mail military ballots on time. My comments about the dead vote doubly apply there . That is tried and true strategery in IL.

I actually read about the IL issue a week ago by blogger J. Christian Adams on Pajama Media , but was waiting for any type of confirmation by the press.
    Pajamas Media More Disgrace: The Obama-Holder Justice Department Is Failing Our Military Voters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog forgets his tricks? [ 15 Answers ]

I taught my dog to roll over a few weeks ago, started with rolling him over and teling him roll over. In about a week he had the trick down to a t. I made sure to ask him to do the trick a few times a day so he wouldn't forget, than one afternoon I asked him to roll over so he layed down and went...

My boyfriend forgets about our plans [ 29 Answers ]

I've been with him for 2 years. We told each other we love each other and that we found everything we need and want in one another. I thought we had something really special. Like true romantic love with sincere deep feelings and everything. Of course we had some arguments, like every copule...

What to do when your husband forgets where home is? [ 4 Answers ]

Wow Today This Is Hard For Me, Im Going To Put My Life On The Computer For Everyone To Know, Well Ive Been With My Husband For 9 Years We've Been Married For Only 3, No Kids, And We Have Been Through Just About Everything That A Marriage Can Go Through In One Lifetime. Just To Start With My...

Name Influence In voter ballots? [ 7 Answers ]

Do names influence voters? Would people in the United States feel comfortable with a president called Obama? Isn't the name too close to the possible mispronounciation of "Obey me?" How much do you feel that names influence the presidential election choices here in the USA?

View more questions Search