Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeunknown Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2010, 08:10 AM
    How many seconds are in a day?
    I'd like to know, how many seconds are in a day? If you have time to figure it out, please share.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 08:13 AM

I have time to figure it out. Why don't you? It's not rocket science, but simply multiplication.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Ok, right now Im in school, I'd just like to know.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 08:18 AM

Do you have paper? A pencil? Do you know how many seconds are in a minute, etc? Do you know how to multiply?

Oct 12, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Do you? If you do then show me.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:21 AM

60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day. If you can't go from there then I don't know what to say and if you are in school this better not be a school problem.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 08:22 AM

You asked the question about energy. It was well-stated, well-thought out. I don't understand this current question, a third-grade one. Are you having a bit of fun at our expense? (Your nasty comment tells me you are.)

Oct 12, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Comment on adam_89's post
    A simple 86400 would have done fine.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Sorry about that Q, my friend wanted to ask it. If you have any reply to my Energy Q PLEASE share, I've been waiting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 08:25 AM

And your point is?

I was going to answer the energy one, but now, no thanks.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:26 AM
    About the E question?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:26 AM

So, we are supposed to give you the answers to every question you have? That's an easy question that anyone good at multiplication would have known.

And your answer should be 86400 seconds, not 86400 alone :rolleyes:

You yourself are losing your time. Why did you sign in, and type the question while I'm sure other people would have the time to do 10 multiplications like the one you just did.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:28 AM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    You never lose time, time is continuous. I have all the time I need.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:36 AM
    Also, I didn't do the multiplication, my friend did.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:52 AM

IN fact you continually lost time as I type this, but if you lost it doing nothing productive, I believe it's a waste.

Surely it's relative, surely time is more complicated than that, but until those things are fully explained, I'll stick to what I know about.

Oct 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
    How do you lose time? It doesn't go anywhere but behind you.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 09:05 AM

If you never lost it... then take it back, use it again and again! How many people would like to grab the time right behind them but without success. Up to now, there is only speculation of people who thought about how it would be if they could go back and use the time in a better way than they did.

Oct 12, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Don't think about time as a line, think of it as a plane. It expands in every direction and in every dimension. IF you say you "lost" time, your saying that it went somewhere else, it didn't go anywhere. We're the one's moving through time.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 09:14 AM

That's how you think about it, and it's different from how I imagine it to be.

Following your logic, can someone go in another direction in time? Since it's a plane, we should be able to go along every direction. Yet, everything seems to be following only one direction in time.

Oct 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Everything in time starts at a center point and has a pre-set path that can go in any direction. Once you start you can't stop, and once you pass the distance you can't go back, but it's still there. Just behind you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Market price of the shares varying in day to day basis can be clasified as.. [ 2 Answers ]

Market price of the shares varying in day to day basis can be classified as..

I had my period for 5 days stopped for a day light bleeding next day could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I was 3 days late for my . An then when it started it was heavy during the day then very light or nothing at all at night and only lasted 5 days, on the sixth day I didn't have any bleeding at all, the next morning my boyfriend and I had normal, nothing different protected sex like we usually do...

Find Rates 60 seconds and 120 seconds? [ 3 Answers ]

The following data were collected for the decomposition of acetaldehyde, CH3CHO (used in the manufacture of a variety of chemicals including perfumes, dyes, and plastics), into methane and carbon monoxide. The data were collected at a temperature of 530 °C. CH3CHO CH4 +CO (mol L-1) Time...

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

Outside Blower kicks on for 5 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked all over this forum for something like this, but nothing I've see quite nails my problem so If I missed it, sorry. Here it goes... My outside blower comes on for about 5 seconds when my thermostat activates for the heat. With furnace still on the blower shuts off for 10 seconds and...

View more questions Search