Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Registry Infected?
    I did a scan on an infected PC and it said that the following registry keys are infected.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSMHelp (Hijack.Help)

Anyone know of malware that attacks these keys specifically. Or have any ideas on how to get rid of it. FYI it is a corporate PC. (corporate AV/AS didn't detect it and can't remove it)

Rick
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 12:48 AM
    Those don't look like malware my friend. Those looks like the scanner you used wants you to fix those by re-enabling the notification of those alerters on Microsoft so they can continue to pop up and annoy you. The second one looks like it turns off your screen saver from coming on. And the third looks like its diables help from poping up. These are probably perfectly fine to have a malware/spyware scanner to find. If you want you can have it fix them but in my opinion is those are disabled because they are annoyances that Microsoft throws at you. Not so much the screen saver but the rest I'd say you they are probably all fine to stay disabled the way they are. You don't have any spyware/malware from what I can tell man. Good luck. I hope this helps.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 01:12 PM

Yeah I figured that out after writing this. I ran another scan after and found the malware buried deep in the temp internet files.

Thanks for the info.

Rick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Am I infected? [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago I accidentally (yes, it actually was accidental) downloaded a strange file. I almost immediately found the file on my desktop and deleted it. Then I ran a full sweep with Spysweeper, and it turned up the normal stuff. The next day, my dad wanted to change a security password of...

Is it infected? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my industral done last week. Since about the day after my top hole has been shotting out gunky green stuff... Is it infected?

My PC is infected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My CPU usage is 100% and has Trojan-Spy.Zbot. Any specifics on this would be highly appreicated. Thanks VK Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 11:08:46 AM, on 4/5/2008

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe and registry editing option is disabled [ 2 Answers ]

Hi pple, My Computer in infected with RVHOST.exe worm I had tried many antiviruses but they couldn't help me, and also this virus has blocked my task manager and registry edition options and it hide the folder option from tool menu of explorer, when I want to edit the registry it says that...

View more questions Search