Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snakeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Family Trust, executor or administrator
    Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing papers? Ie. balance sheets, net worth, etc.
    LOSMAN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes
    Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing papers? Ie., balance sheets, net worth, etc.
    Hi:

I too am dealing with a family trust. As far as I know the trustee has to account for all money in and out of the trust. You have that right to know where and how it is being spent. Here in California the law is such that the Trustee can not touch any of the money without a written account of all transactions. Like up keep of the property, taxes, checks to whom ever. By all means do not let anyone keep you in the dark and get away with anything. Hope this helped.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
    A full disclosure of all income and expenses should be required.

If there is concern and they will not provide this info, get the court that appointed them invovled.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The administrator must be able to provide a full accounting upon request. I'm not sure if they have to provide the accouinting as a matter of course, but the beneficiaries of the trust have the right to request one at any time. Therefore, the admin should record all transactions with respect to the trust and have an accountant review it. The cost of the accountant can come out of the proceeds of the trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

Executor of estate in another state [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother lives in California. I was recently informed that she has appointed me as executor of her estate. My father lives in California, her only child, but he has basically abandoned her. My grandfather passed away three years ago and my father took $15,000.00 of his insurance money to...

Log on as administrator? [ 1 Answers ]

Read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do I ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? Lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly. What are your thoughts... Thanks Operating syst windows 2000

View more questions Search