Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterball7833 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 02:14 AM
    What is this WORM/GRUB?
    This is a weird question that I don't know if anyone will be able to answer me, but ill try anyway. I just bought a couch off craigslist and as I was cleaning it I noticed that there were these weird worm/grub looking things eating the food that was on the bottom fabric sheet. The cushions lifted and u could look all the way to the bottom(the fabric part that blocks it from the floor). Does anyone know what these worm/grub things are? They are no bigger than 2mm, they are white with brown strips, and some have these little whisker things on them. I've Googled but no luck. I've noticed that there are a bunch of them though and they are starting to lay eggs I think. I know they are NOT bed bugs! If anyone knows *** tell me! I am bleaching these things hoping to kill them all!
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Oct 12, 2010, 10:57 PM

You might be seeing dermestid larvae. These are also known as carpet beetles, as they are known to feed on natural fibers like wool carpets. The larvae of some species have furry brown stripes. The adult's wing covers in some species look furry and mottled. They can be commonly found in homes. Visit Google Image Search for images of many species. For management tips, visit UC IPM
    butterball7833 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Comment on gnahcd's post
    Thank you so much for you answer! You were very correct! I saved a few of these 'beetles' in a baggy to search for them and had no luck. Once I seen your post I searched the image and BAM! There was those pesky bugs! So thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grub treatments? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NY, what is the best time to lay down that fast acting grub killer?. in ny they do not sell the season long killer due to chemical in it. I put down Milky spore 2 weeks ago (4x4 grid type), but that will take awhile to be set in lawn and I want to be proactive before grubs eat my...

Grub [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, What is the easiest way to get rid of grubs in the lawn? Its annoying to go outside and see the lawn dug ub by critters. Thanks Ladybronze

Grub Control and Fertilizer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I will be putting down grub control and fertilizer this week because it is going to rain. Does it matter which order I lay them in? Thanks, Paul

View more questions Search