Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gstud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Can a credit card company put a lien on my house over $2,000.00 dollars?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 01:37 PM

If they get a judgement against you they can theoretically put a lien on your home. Or they can garnish your wages or raid your bank account. Depends on what they want to do after they get the paperwork issued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a credit card company put a lien on my property or bank account in NC? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been out of work. We have one income - my husbands. I was served a letter by the sheriff from a credit card company indicating that they have initiated a civil action against the amount owed to them. Can they garnish our joint account?

I want to know if a credit card company can put a lien on my house. [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and collecting Social Security. Our home is paid for, but we have credit card debt we cannot pay. Can the credit card company put a lien on our home or get our social security checks?

Can lien be put against car for credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

I had surgery 2 years ago and couldn't work for a few months. Up until that point I had excellent credit and paid my bills and credit cards on time. I had to stop making payments on cars with high minimum payments just to keep ahead of my other obligations. I now have a lawyer harassing me over a...

Can a credit card company put a lien on your house [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a lot of credit card debt can a credit card company put a lien on the house

Can credit card companies put a lien on my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I live in Broward county, Florida, I defaulted in three unsecured business loans and two unsecured business credit cards all are guaranteed personally by me, now that the business has failed and the S corporation is dissolved, can these creditors go after me and put a lien on my...

View more questions Search