Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bootsie2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
    I need to see a therapist
    I Hate me, I hate the person that I am. I Never liked me. I want to like me but how can I like me when No one else does. I am a 52 year old mother of 2. Married to a wonderful Man of 30 years. I have felt like this for most of those years. But I hide it very well. My husband knows that I am depressed. But he has no Idea how much I hate ME, Everyday I pretend, Everyday is a act. I cry all the time. I might be some what smiling on the outside, But I crying/screaming inside. Why am I here.? I have NO ONE to talk to. I feel soooo alone. I am TIRED , I am embarrassed to admit that I need to talk to some one. I told my doctor that I felt all tied up inside , He sent me to see this Psychiatrist , He was a male, I could not talk to him, I felt very uncomfortable, I think I need to talk to a female. I guess I would feel more comfortable. I just want it to END. Who would be the right person I could talk too. I live in Armada, Michigan Please contact me at EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    bootsie2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
    [QUOTE=MichelleLee111;2569516]I'm sorry you feel so terrible about yourself. But you can feel better. Yes, you can.
    You can begin by shifting your thinking to all of the things you feel grateful for. You are loved by a wonderful husband and most important you are a beautiful child of God (or a being greater than you or I). You are a powerful person and you can decide to not feel this way anymore.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 05:16 PM

First I will agree with some of the above, so what if no one loves you, That is when loving yourself is most important.
    If you feel you need to get self worth from others, that is the main issue to deal with, Our self worth comes from within, and often how people treat us, happens from how we see ourself.

But yes, counseling may be a great thing to get started.

I often have people to start finding a way to help others. Nursing homes to read to people, helping give out lunches to homeless at some of the food banks or shelters.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 16, 2010, 05:48 PM

Look for a therapist in your area. Find a female. They will ask you what you are seeking help for and let them know what you told us. I am very happy to hear that you really want to work on yourself and that is a huge step!! You sound like a very strong person, although you may not feel like that at times. A therapist can give you support in anything you want to accomplish and you don't have to take that journey alone! Keep us posted!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 06:07 PM

And if you don't like the first one, check out another, I know a lady that visited with four before she found one that she clicked with and was helped where the first were not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Therapist as my friend [ 3 Answers ]

I became friends with my therapist after therapy was concluded. Now he is having his own mental health issues and I do not know how to handle it. Any advice?

What if I have a therapist but still cut [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I convinced my parents that I needed a therapist for anger problems hoping that it help me stop cutting. But every time I go I end up feeling empty afterwards and going home and cutting myself. My parents don't know that I cut and I don't really want to tell them the therapy is not...

Is it possible to see therapist without giving ones name? [ 7 Answers ]

I've had some old issues resurface and I'd like to get some professional help. I don't need a diagnosis or medications, just someone to talk to privately. I don't want to give my name, just basically come with cash in hand and sign in as John Doe. It has nothing to do with anything illegal or...

How do I find a therapist? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a terrible depression since my boyfriend dumped me. I don't feel that I can trust anyone anymore. He lied and continued to tell me he loved me with three women in his life. I never thought I could ever ask for help, but I feel so low and worthless right now. I need to find a therapist...

View more questions Search