Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondieia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Taxes on inheritance apply to decedent's state law or beneficiary's state law
    I have received several distribution's from my father's estate - life insurance, my share of an annuity, my share of sale of a vehicle and other equipment, and my share of a CD rolled over into the estate account. Since my father died in Kentucky, and I live in Iowa, which states's laws apply when I research my taxes owed?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2010, 08:56 PM

Inheritance taxes are due the state where the testator died. Generally inheritance taxes, if any, are paid by the estate not the heir.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heppa law violated BY THE state of nc. Can I find a lawyer outside of the state [ 3 Answers ]

Law enforcement illegally searched my home and found who my dr. was and involved dss who in turn faxed my dr. saying she had authorization to get my medical records and he believed them and sent my records to them which she had no consent I need a lawyer outside of nc to represent me {phone #...

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

State of Texas Inheritance Law [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband inherites the house that we are living in, do I have any legal rights to the property or the money that we paid to lease to lease it?

What is the dating law in the state of taxes if both are still in high school? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the dating law in the state of taxes if both are still in high school?

View more questions Search