Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Aug 7, 2009, 08:16 AM

Happy Birthday Lovestoned! I didn't call my ex for her birthday and she won't be calling me either. Stick to NC.

I recently saw a few pics of her at her best friends birthday party and it gave me needles all over my body. Ugly feeling. I realize I have to stay away from all thoughts, including pictures.

Happy birthday once again and have a great week end LS!
    LoveStoned Posts: 150, Reputation: 10

Oct 16, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Been single for a year now after a 7 year relationship
    Hi everyone,
    It has been a year since I broke off from a long term relationship of 7 years. I still miss my ex. Sometimes I think its becasue I haven't been with anyone else after him. I'm focusing on my school work and all but at the same time I get sad thinking about if I will ever care for someone the way I cared for my ex. I think about calling him sometimes, but I don't. No contact has worked really well and eased away confusion. I think about the last times he tried contacting me again and that I didn't answer. I think to myself maybe I should have answered. I know I hurt him by ending things the way I did. But he also hurt me while we were together. And then to deal with him wanting me then not wanting me hurt even more after I was offering us another chance together.

I will admit this though... I'm still hurt but not as close as months ago when I couldn't even eat or cried myself to sleep every night.

Any suggestions? Should I call him back?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 06:39 PM

Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread so that we can follow your entire story.

If you call him back, you will reset all the progress you've made and go back to square one. If you want to drag out this healing process even longer then go ahead, we can't stop you.

But if you want to heal, you need to completely block him out of your life and pretend as if he doesn't exist. Otherwise, you can't move on with your life.

Mar 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
    NC for a year and I feel like breaking it?
    Hey guys... I feel horrible... I don't know what to do anymore. I was with my ex for 8 years. Broke it off. Then wanted to work things out with my ex but then he wasn't sure of what he wanted thereafter. So I wrote him a letter not to contact me anymore. He tried calling me severl times but I ignored them all. It was going strong with NC. Now Its been 1 year since we've spoken. I cry and hope to one day get back together. Do I feel like this because I haven't been with anyone else? Today I looked at his myspace and didn't see much change. This was the first time browsing his page in a year. Should I call to catch up? I'm really hurting over him and wonder if he feels the same. Plus I changed my number so if he did contact me, he wouldn't be able to.
    gnomes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 11:14 PM

I would only pursue if you feel you're really over him. It's been a year, and I think it could honestly help to gain some perspective and insight into the possibility of a future.

IF you can be calm about it and not become an emotional wreck during or after (no matter what may be said).
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 11:38 PM

This thread should be merged with your previous one.

And the advice from me is the same,stay no contact,and work on healing completely from your breakup.

Mar 18, 2010, 11:42 PM

How can I merge it? Anyway, its 50/50. I feel like calling him but then its like I see it as a weakness by giving up to call. But than again how will I ever no if we had a chance after having a year to think things through.

And gnomes, that's what scares me. I'm not completely over him. And who knows where my emotions will take me. If I do call or contact him I wouldn't even no where to begin. Just hey how are you. Its been so long. And he'll probably sense a motive behind th call.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:04 AM
    I'm nervous about someone breaking NC when they are feeling like crap.

Hell, I'm nervous about someone starting a new relationship when they feel like crap... but with ex's... things can escalate so fast...

The power of NC is it removes conflict from your already conflicted mindset.

I don't believe NC needs to be forever... in fact, I'm willing to admit to using all kinds of different kinds of limited contact... but its more work, more risk...

So... what was wrong before? Why is it better now? Why are you in such a bad place right now?. and define that without it being about him...
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:05 AM
    One of the moderators or experts will probably merge your threads;the thing is to not start a new thread about the same situation,but to add to your first thread when you want more advice.:-)

I think you need to stop living in the past and start looking to your future,whilst making sure you keep busy,living in the present.

Don't stay stuck overthinking the what ifs.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:06 AM
    You are nervous and you are scared that he will sense weakness.

Fear that he might actually see you as you are right now... that just seems to beg for a pause before deciding to engage him at all...

Mar 19, 2010, 11:16 AM

Very true KP. I know I can't hold a friendship with him now. If I was to try, it would be for a different motive. I have tried to move on. I've been doing so many fun things in life and it all boils down to... y am I still unhappy. I'm doing things I've always wanted to do that when I wasn't with him I couldn't do. I'm focused in school, I travel a lot, hang out with friends. Hosted TV shows. I'm stuck.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 11:39 AM

You'll remain stuck as long as you allow yourself to.

Moving on is a conscious decision we make and then we set about working on it.

I think you need to let go of your dreams of reconciling with him.

If you look at your life realistically,you'll find that you are in a good place.

Apr 21, 2010, 07:49 PM

Okay everyone... here is an update on things. So I unexpectedly came across speaking with my ex online. I made it really brief, But I wanted to say so much more. How you been stuff like that... His birthday is coming and I was wondering if I should open conversation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 08:45 PM

Absolutely NOT! I don't know how you can unexpectedly run across someone online, I am not that savvy. What I do know is people and you my dear are struggling to adjust to life without him, and really do need to not have any contact with him, until you are a lot stronger than you are now. Whatever your doing online, stay away from it until you can deal with it better, even if it means skipping his birthday.

LS, I know how hard this is, but you really have to help yourself, and stick with strict NC!

Apr 21, 2010, 08:59 PM

Well it was really unintentionally... Someone hacked into my email account and sent everyone in my contacts an email.. So he replied to it thinking it came from me and so I explained what had happened and told him not to open it. That was it. But I guess I will skip his birthday... But my goodness... its been 2 years since we broke up and I'm just now starting to look at others with somewhat of an interest for them. It is so hard getting over someone you really cared for.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 09:34 PM

Yes it is. Doesn't take much to get old feelings stirred up. Heck between classmates.com, and high school reunion notices, I go through this all the time, thinking of the good old days of youth and romance and no worries >sigh<.

The sting of a break up fades in time and you can enjoy the memories and smile. Keep NC and you will.
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Jul 25, 2010, 01:50 AM
    I still think of my ex too sometimes and it's been almost 2 years since break up. But I met someone on April fool day. It will be 4 months on August 1st that we are together. She is amazing, we have a lot of chemistry and she is so much more affectionate and caring than my ex was. But I don't like to compare, all I can say is once you meet someone, the sting of the breakup fades away faster. But make sure you are over your ex.

Cheers!:D

Oct 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
    Should I keep replying to ex's emails after NC for 2 years?
    Hey everyone. I have been in no contact with my ex for 2 years and out of no where he decides to email me with some news. And so I replied. He replies weeks later. What can be his intention by doing this? I'm not sure whether to do nc again or keep repling back... It was extremely hard for me to get over him.. Any suggestions :)
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Oct 11, 2010, 06:05 PM

Stick with NC.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Guess you didn't learn anything after 2 years of NC.

What were you doing in the meantime?

Guess you got to start over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I really hurt my ex's feelings. How can I win her back, if at all? [ 28 Answers ]

3 weeks ago my ex broke up with me because I basically wanted her to be as happy as she could be, and if that was with another guy who was better than me and who she deserved then she should be with him instead of an average guy like me. I think into things too much. I didn't see her for a few...

My ex's friends told her I cheated three years ago. I really really want her back. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so, this is the story. In May of 2006 my ex and I decided we would take a break from our 3 year relationship. During this period I met someone and we had a date, sheerly out of lonliness. This girl became obsessed with me only after 1 date. She told her friends that she was with me. Meanwhile I...

Emails bounced back [ 7 Answers ]

I am a very novice & retired computer user. Recently I have been getting email that I have been sending to friends for years bounced back to me with error messages. They are able to send to me, but I cannot send or forward messages to them. Any suggestions?

Replying to emails [ 2 Answers ]

I am using Outlook 2002 as my email program and I would like to send replies by typing "my replies" directly under the questions/concerns the sender has. I know at one time you would open the message... go to the end of the line and hit enter. That would put your signature there in a different...

View more questions Search