Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2010, 12:35 PM
    wooden fencing
    I have a 10 foot section to be fenced. What spacing for the 4x4 post would be okay
    to support the 2x 4 stringers ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2010, 04:09 PM
    We usually use 8 ft but here is a solution for 10'. Set the end posts where you want, use fence cleats to hold the 2X4 with the 3 1/2 " side out. Under the middle of the bottom 2X4, notch and cleat a small piece of 4X4 and set that in the ground about 1 ft. Almost invisible and supports well. I assume you will use 1X6 PT fence boards? I wish I knew how to draw and insert a picture!
    yuriart10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 07:11 PM
    I usually use 8 ft but here is a solution for 10'.

Oct 19, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Thanks. I have joists hanger.the 2x4 fits perfectly. You could build the fence
    elsewhere. And carry it over and drop it into the joist hangers.If you wanted to. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    HD and Lowe's sell fence panels to do the same. Glad the info was helpful, Brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fantasy Novel with Fencing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me find the title of a book I read a few years ago. A college student on the fencing team goes home to visit his parents and brings two other kids home with him. We learn that he and his parents are refugees from a parallel world. They escaped with a bunch of gold,...

Temporary fencing [ 3 Answers ]

We are renting a duplex and it is by a busy street we want to put up some fencing to keep 2 yr old grandson safe what could we erect that we could later take down and move with us? And how?:)

Fencing positions [ 0 Answers ]

Crossword question: fourth fencing position - five letters beginning with 'c'?

Invisible Fencing [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering what your opinions were on invisible fencing. I have been to their website, done some research on the topic and have scheduled an appointment for them to come and look at our property. But, what is your opinion on the fencing, does it work for little dogs as well as it...

Fencing with quadratics [ 2 Answers ]

Ms. Brown has 200m of fencing with which she plans to build a fence( no duh) She intends to construct a rectangular enclosure along a river where no fence is needed. She plans to divide the pen into two smaller pens. I have the 3 vertical fences labeled as y(there all the same length) and the...

View more questions Search