Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiwikimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
    My sister is violent
    My sister is violent. When I was 7 years old she pushed me off monkey bars and I broke my arm. She has never admitted it but she does know. She hurts my mum, younger brother and me, she swears all the time, especially in front of very young children.

About a month ago my mum and dad (my mum and dad split up ) took her to the doctor about it and for a few days after she was fine (probably because we were visiting our dad's place) but after that she would swear, and get violent very easily.

Today she had an arguament with mum, threw a chocolate bar at her face narowly missing her eye, and was sent to her room, but when she came back down stairs she said sorry. Then she started saying it wasn't her fault and that mum was wrong. She was swearing and screaming and throwing her wieght around.

This happens a lot and there have been 2 occaisions were I have been thretand to be 'stabbed in my sleep'. She would hold a kitchen knife right in front of my face and she would shout at me.

Sometimes she would make things up about me hurting her, and the slightest thing would make her go beserk on anyone she could find.

We have tried talking to her and taking her to the doctors to see if it was a mental problem but nothing helps at all.

Can anyone help me and my family at all. We have lost practically all hope.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 01:39 PM

For your own protection get a video camera or a nanny cam. If she has outbusts on a reguler basis and starts acting out then you can record it. From there you can decide what action needs to be taken such as commitment for 72hrs or whatever you need to regain control and to get her on a path away from the violence.

Much of what your describing can also be attributed to autism. Be aware of that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 01:45 PM

I'm going to disagree with califdad about the autism. Usually when people with autism get violent, it's because of sensory overload, not just to be mean, which sounds like what your sister is doing. Granted, her meanness may be beyond her control.

Has she been to a psychiatrist or been tested so a formal evaluation can be made?
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 16, 2010, 08:46 AM
    It sounds like your sister may have some issues that need to be addressed by a physician or a psychiatrist. It's hard to say butprofessionals can be helpful. Try to stay on neutral ground until someone can help. The anger may be not directed at you but just anger period. There's no way to know if she has a problem until she is examined and that will be up to your parents
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 02:42 PM

How old are you and your sister now?

Sounds like she has some anger issues that definitely need to be addressed. If your Mum has talked to her physician about her and he hasn't done anything to help, then I think your Mum needs to find another doctor.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 23, 2010, 02:58 PM

Your family needs to call a crisis number when she becomes violent. They can come out and assess the situation. She needs to be taken to get a psychocological assessment done to see what is going with her, if it is anger, or there is a chemical imbalance. If she is still young, it might only get worse if it goes untreated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband treats his sister better then me and his sister is ruining our marriage. [ 6 Answers ]

My husbands sister gets in the way of our marriage what can I do?

My crude (sometimes violent)sister steals belongings, and doesn't acknowledge it [ 6 Answers ]

My younger sister has been stealing my belongings for a good 4 years now. Normally, this would sound like a younger sister simply "borrowing" my clothing deal, but it is becoming detrimental to my relationship with her (I no longer trust her), fuels many fights, and makes me loathe being in the...

Sister in prison expecting twins I'm the only sister how do I get them [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I'm in Indiana. My sister is in prison expecting twins. I am her sister both our parents haved passed. The father denys being with her. So how would I legally go about getting custody of the babies when they are born? So you think just a notorized letter might work? My sister is 28...

View more questions Search