Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacapoppy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
    Concrete Pitting
    My home is 30 years old is has a concrete driveway and garage. Just recently I noticed small pieces of concrete all over the ground and, when I examined the garage, I saw numerous holes in garage flooe where the concrete had chipped out. Each hole (pit) ishas a dark circle around it. Whatr could be the cause (my garage is starting to look like is has the chicken Pox) and how can it be fixed?
    ochasmith Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 05:45 PM

What is the climate where you live?
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Oct 12, 2010, 09:27 AM

You're describing something called spalling. Google it for more information.

30 years is pretty good, so it does not appear to be caused by improper mix or curing. If you have winter where you are, road salt is common cause. You can seal the concrete to try and stop the damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Driveway Pitting-What is causing this? [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings- This concrete pitting and surface lifting has just occurred over the last week, we have been living in this new house since last June and the driveway was poured late during the prevoius summer. Basically, this driveway has seen it's second winter and I'm not impressed. I bought this...

Concrete Driveway Pitting [ 17 Answers ]

I have a similar question to StaceyH on Feb. 15th, 2008. My driveway was poured on the 1st of Nov. 2008. There was a warm spell of weather for almost 1 week. However, it then turned very cold and wet for the rest of Nov. and Dec. I just moved in the house Feb. 21st. As I was cleaning up items...

What can cause rusting and /or pitting in stainless steel? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend has a stainless steel commercial dishwasher in his restaurant.It is 2 years odl aand rust and pitting is starting to appear.What could be the cause.The pitting is in a non welded area so I don't think disbursement of chrome is an issue.LOw grade stainless steel perhaps?

Cause of flaking and pitting of new concrete [ 1 Answers ]

We had new concrete installed about 8 weeks ago. It was installed at the end of November, beginning of December. It was getting cold and I voiced my concern to our contractor. The subcontractor installed our garage footings, floor and a large section in front of the garage which is NOT flaking...

Pitting Edema [ 3 Answers ]

I keep having pitting edema in my shins and now it also started to be in my ankles. Is there a natural remedy to get rid ogf the exess fluid in my body?

View more questions Search