Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2003, 07:58 PM
    Suppliers
    Hello, I'm a high school student in an entrepreneurship class. One of our projects is to make up a pretend business. We have to write up feasibility studies, business plan, floor plan, etc. My pretend business is a Music CD store.

What I need to know is how much each product costs to buy from a supplier, how long it takes for me to obtain it, and who my suppliers are?

My products are music CDs, DVDs, books, coffee and juice.

I don't know if I buy from suppliers directly or if there is some kind of distributer person? I don't even know who my suppliers are! Im very lost and need some help. Even a point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks!

Sarah
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Jan 11, 2004, 09:39 AM
    Re: Suppliers
    Moonie the easiest way for you to do this is to ask the right person. Call a store that sells exactly what your pretend store sells. If you are going to be a stand-alone store then that is the type of store you should target. If you are going to be a franchise then call a store that is franchised. Try to call a store in your area and let them know you live nearby. If you have used their store, better yet. If you don't have one in the area you live in, go to the library and use the yellow pages to find one. There is likely to be a smaller retailer in a big city like San Francisco where people rely on neighborhood type stores. The reason I make the distinction between a franchise and a no franchise is buying power. The wholesale prices will be better for a franchise. The person you want to talk with is the purchasing agent. Call them in the morning around 10:00 A.M. their time and ask them if they have about 10 minutes or if there is a better time to reach them. Let them know what you are doing and have all of your questions ready. You may want to record the conversation. It should be a piece of cake. Good luck; Darrel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wholesale suppliers of Harley Davidson parts and accessories [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for some help in locating reputable wholesale suppliers for Harley Davidson parts and accessories. I have several Harley Davidson motorcycles and have had fairly good success selling used parts and accessories on eBay. I would like to grow my online business without...

Setting up a business. Introduction to potential suppliers [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering setting up in business & wish to write to potential suppliers to introduce myself & explain what I want. Most of the suppliers I will use will be abroad so I need help in coming up with a concise introduction letter. As letters are not my strongpoint any help would be appreciated!...

Introduction letter to potential Suppliers [ 1 Answers ]

:) I am setting up in business & wish to write to potential suppliers to introduce myself & explain what I want. Most of the suppliers I will use will be abroad so I need help in coming up with a concise introduction letter. As letters are not my strongpoint any help would be appreciated!

Cd suppliers wholesalers [ 4 Answers ]

I am opening a cd store and I am having trouble finding wholesalers, suppliers for my inventory. I tried several searches via Google and other search engines and have found very little 2 or 3 shady wholesalers that about it. Any advice?

DVD Suppliers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am in the process of opening a video store and I am looking for DVD catalogue suppliers. Would any one know someone who can help Thanks Lloyd

View more questions Search