Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamburglar6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 04:06 PM
    How to fix a leaky pipe that is on my tub
    I removed the shower diverter because the pipe that sticking out from the wall is leaking and it is getting worse and worse, on the end of the pipe is a nipple or something that has a alan wrench screw that is able to be removed but does not help with the pipe.
    How can I fix the leaky pipe?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 05:31 PM

Let's synchronize our terminology first: tell us what is the "pipe". Also, is your diverter on the spout or is it a separate valve on the wall. What kind/type/brand of faucet is it ? Where is that "pipe" leaking from ? Back to you. Milo

Oct 10, 2010, 07:56 PM

The pipe is what the water is actually coming out of, it is leaking from the opening and dripping down into the tub. I am sorry but terminology isn't my thing in plumbing. The diverter spout is what I took off the pipe and that is where I saw the dripping coming from the pipe.
    It is a short pipe that seems to have a nipple on the end. Does that help?
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 08:32 PM

Ok, the "pipe" is a spout. See the enclosed photo to confirm.

If this spout has a knob on top that allows you to transfer water from spout to shower head than it is called Diverter Spout.

Now tell me: is this Spout dripping water when Hot and Cold water knobs are in Closed position ? Or, does it leak water after you transfer water flow from spout to shower head ?

Back to you... Milo
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2010, 06:18 AM

Hello Hamburglar,

Please respond to Milo, and also see the images below for more in formation may help, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Oct 22, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Comment on Milo Dolezal's post
    The is dripping when the knob is turned off
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 05:11 PM

What do you call "knob" ? The actual valve that turns water On and Off ? Or the little push button on top of the spout ?

Every time you use shower - and then turn water off - the push button on top of the spout should return to original position releasing trapped water in shower riser. If it doesn't pop up than water is slowly escaping from shower riser. It may take an hour before the entire riser drips out through closed diverter knob.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I fix my leaky tub faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

My tub is still leakying even after I changed the water valves what else can I do ?

How do I fix a leaky shower head? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I fix a leaky Moen shower head?

Fix leaky J-point [ 1 Answers ]

Besides replacing the washer, any other tools and parts? What are the steps please? :(

Trying to fix leaky basement walls [ 5 Answers ]

I've had a problem with water coming into my basement (walls are cinder block) that's slowing been getting worse since we bought the house 7 years ago. The outside is pretty good, the ground is graded away from the house and the downspouts are all attached and clean. I scraped and wire brushed...

How to fix a leaky kohler faucet? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single handle kohler shower faucet that is leaking. I installed a new mixer cap kit,but it is still leaking. What else might cause this to leak, and how do I fix it?I flushed it as you recommended and it still leaks. I do not know the exact model #,but it is similar to the ...

View more questions Search