Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwaysblessed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 11:43 AM
    Would police be able to tell if my out of state license was suspended
    I have an out of state license. I had a fender bender in South Carolina which both parties contributed to the accident. I found out my insurance had lapse. I have two questions(1) Would the police be able to tell if my license was suspended if when they ran my license? (2)What would I need to do next
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 11:34 AM

Please clarify - your license is suspended AND your insurance has lapsed? Well, yes, if the police in SC ran your license information they should find that it is suspended. But they won't do that now - if there was no police accident report done at the time of your accident then I don't see why the police would run your license now. The bigger problem for you is that the other person's insurance company will probably be coming after you to pay for the damages, and since you had no insurance at the time the repair cost will come out of your pocket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving out of state on a suspended license [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona and received a ticket for over-weight load while driving truck for my job. Employer said they would take care of fine and they attempted to contact court to take care of it but didn't get a response (I have a copy of the letter). I was on road most of the time and stupidly...

License suspended [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Ohio. My question is this. My eighteen year old granddaugter received a speeding ticket . At that time she didn't have her insurance card with her, but she had insurance. She had to send in a copy of her card, which she did, but she sent it to the wrong place. She called the...

Can your license be suspended for something you didn't do? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got in a wreck 7 years ago and a judgement was issued against him. It was a multipal car accident. 1 of the lawyers for the accident not only put a judgement against him, but me also. She was the only one who suspended my license for it. I contacted the DMV, they said they only...

Suspended license [ 1 Answers ]

My sons license was suspended because he was in an accident with an uninsured vehicle. This happen in the state of Florida and he was 16 when this happen. How can he get his license back. He had no knowledge of the vehicle having no insurance Thanks padovaniv

View more questions Search