Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amvil Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 11:19 AM
    Getting rid of old drycleaning orders
    I have a customer that has not paid storage fees for the past 9 months on an order that was agreed she'd pay $20/mo on. I sent a final notice last month giving her time to pay up or we were going to give all to a charitable organization. She signed for the registered letter, but we have not had a phone call or a payment. There is about 400lbs of clothes. Are we within our rights to dispose of them or is there something else we should do to protect ourselves before getting rid of the garments?
    Thank you for your time and expertise.
    kkemper Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2004, 10:59 PM
    Re: getting rid of old drycleaning orders
    Maybe she is embarrassed. Maybe you can let her collect them piece meal.

FIND out if she has a credit card. GIVE her a discount for
    Cash.

VISIT her home. FIND OUT who knows her.

AFTER ALLTHAT, then contact good will but FIRST,
    If she ignores you, GO TO SMALL CLAIMS court.

THis is perfect for Judge Judy!!
    amvil Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 11:23 AM
    Legislation
    Thank you. For future reference, the governor of NY signed an "abandoned property Bill" last year soon after my question.
    The terms were the following:
    1. Must hold garment for 6 months from date on receipt.
    2. Customer's receipt must state that after 6 months you can donate the item to a charity.
    3. Notice must be posted in call office notifying customers of the 6 months law.
    4. No requirement for you to contact the customer before the item is donated to charity.
    5. Required to keep a record of any donation made in order to demonstrate the fate of the item.
    Maybe this will help someone else with the same problem!
    DDD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Criminal Court Orders for restitution be discharged with Chapter 7? [ 13 Answers ]

I was just notified by a Bankruptcy Court that an individual who has been ordered to pay restitution to me in both a CIVIL and CRIMINAL lawsuit has applied for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. She is presently paying on the criminal order so that she won't be returned to prison. Is it possible to have...

Protective Orders and Probation [ 6 Answers ]

If a person was on probation and someone filed a protective order against that person, would that be enough cause to acclerate their sentence?

Restraining orders & a crazy mother [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this easy to read & understand. I don't know what to do, what my rights are. Here is my story. *met a single dad in April. His ex-girlfriend, mother of his kids, abandoned their children with him PLUS her 5 year old son from another man *i offered my help and have been...

View more questions Search