Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busymom.7 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Concrete steps sinking and sloping
    We have concrete steps that lead up to our front porch, however, the first two steps have sunken to where they slope enough to be dangerous. What needs to be done and how extensive and expensive is a repair for this? Can we repair just the two steps or do we have to do the entire section including the landing?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 10:02 AM

I had a similar problem and hired a "Concrete Leveling" company to come out and fix it.

What they do is drill holes in the concrete and pump a slurry of stone dust under the steps and/or sidewalk and it just floats up to the proper place.

Look in the yellow pages for "Concrete Lifting or Levelling". It is not cheap, but less than replacing the concrete.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    busymom.7 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Comment on WallyHelps's post
    Thanks so much for your help. I'll try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sloping concrete slab? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I want to pour a 3' x 40' slab against one wall of my house as a rain runoff barrier. I have it set to slope 1.5" over the 3'. The wall of the house is stucco so I only have a frame around 3 sides (the outside and 2 ends). I have a chalk line on the stucco . Here is my problem/question. How...

How to fix a foundation in a house that the concrete floor appears to be sinking [ 2 Answers ]

The house is about ten years old there is visible signs that the concrete floor is sinking as the ceramic tiles are cracking in some areas

Concrete steps [ 1 Answers ]

I am pouring 7 concrete steps, 42" wide, between a concrete retaining wall and a concrete block wall. What would be the best thing to use on each side for expansion?

Poured Concrete Steps on Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had a large portion of my driveway torn out/replaced, a 12 x 18 patio poured, and 3 half moons steps poured, all of 6 bag mix concrete. The flatwork looks great, virtually flawless. The steps, on the other hand, don't. After removing the forms/frame for the three...

Sloping concrete [ 1 Answers ]

Can I fix the sloping concrete in the apartment built in 8 years?

View more questions Search