Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 12:53 AM
    NY state taxes
    If retired from a New York City agency, are the pension benefits subject to New York State taxes?
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Oct 10, 2010, 03:47 AM
    No; New York State exempts pension benefits or distributions to officers and employees of the federal government, New York state, and New York local governments from state, New York City, and Yonkers income taxes. According to New York’s Dept. of Taxation and Finance," The exemption applies regardless of the taxpayer’s age or the form of the benefits, and covers pension and annuity income received as the beneficiary of a deceased state employee."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

We lived and worked out of state for the entire year and paid taxes to another state. [ 1 Answers ]

We are legal residents of Georgia, but have lived and worked in Virginia for two years. We paid taxes for the entire year to Virginia, but Georgia still insists we pay the same taxes to them. Somewhere I read in the Georgia Tax code that income earned out of state while living out of state is not...

Is it illegal for a company to deduct state taxes for time not worked in a state? [ 2 Answers ]

I sometimes work in a state that has a state income tax but I live and work mostly in a state that does not have a state income tax. My employer has been deducting state taxes (for the state that has an income tax) on all my earnings even though more than half the time I do not work in that state....

Ny state tax extensionwhat form would I use to file an extension for ny state taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

What form should I use to file an extension for ny state taxes?

View more questions Search