Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azdbacks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 09:09 PM
    4 wire 220 to 3 wire spa what do I so with neutral?
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Oct 10, 2010, 09:04 PM

Nothing... OMIT IT. There's NO neutral that runs to the spa.
    Chevy465 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
    Ok, from the info provided I have several solutions. If you have a 4 wire connection from your GFI running to your spa, you need to look in your GFI box. Unhook the white wire on the voltage side of the breaker. Make sure you have a neutral white wire hooked up on the in side though. If you do not have a GFI box, then your options are to go into the main breaker box and adjust it for 3 wire, I highly recommend installing a GFI box within 5 feet of your tub, any other questions. Please don't hesitate to ask
    jhutch346 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2011, 02:34 PM
    If it's 4 wire then it probably has some 110v components(like an ozonater or control panel) but the ground wire is put along with the neutral and performs the same purpose.
    Shananagins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
    A 4 wire connection should be run like this IF I am not mistaken. There should be 3 connections on your spa heater when you take the cover off. They are marked NEUTRAL(Return to the same ground bar as the bare ground) HOT(From one post from the breaker 110) HOT(From the other post of the breaker 110) Then there will be a ground bar on the outside of the connection box you run the bare (4th) wire to the ground bar in your breaker box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

Connecting neutral wire to ground wire in breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

Can the neutral wire be connected to the ground wire at the neutral bar in the breaker panel?

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Neutral wire is hot(has voltage potential like the black wire) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The problem started at midnight last week. One of my line in the basement is starting to have issue whenever I connect a water pump or appliances to the outlets. Before I plug the appliance in, the neutral is neutral(zero voltage), but when I plug the appliance in, the neutral is now...

View more questions Search