Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SpecialEd Posts: 30, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Advice for a new Barber - taxes, warnings
    Happy 2007! I'm beginning my retirement career in an old fashioned barber shop. My plan is to work under my barber friend for a couple years and then (possibly) purchase his shop as he will be retiring for age/health reasons. Is there some sage advice for me? I have been a PCB engineer for the past 20+ years and have not been self employed before. Thanks in advance..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Since you have a mentor, you should be in good shape. You might take some business courses on the side to better prepare yourself for when you run the business.
    SpecialEd Posts: 30, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Thank you Scott!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

New Central AC Needed. Tips? Warnings? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in south Florida, so a central AC is mandatory, to say the least, almost year round. The existing unit, about a ten year old Rheem with an 11 seer, 3 ton, is ready to be retired. We have decided to go with a whole new unit, (compressor and air handler). The compressor is located outside...

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

Advice needed with taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Right this is a fairly complicated matter but here goes. Firstly I am a British/Australian citizen (I have lived in Australia for the last 10 years). I am currently in nyc on a B1 visa until the end of July, I will be coming back sometime in August on a E1 visa and staying for a longer period....

View more questions Search