Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grannynan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Floppy disc stuck
    I have an internal floppy disc drive. Before y'all tell me, yes I know floppies are 'out', but I have an excellent Sony camera that uses floppy discs. It takes great pictures, and it is so handy to store pics by subject on floppies. Anyway, I was looking at pictures last week, searching, and one floppy allowed me to look at a couple of pics, then made a funny noise when I went to the next picture. When I push the button to retrieve the disc, nothing happens. Now I know I can load up the CPU and take it to my server/repair place and they will be glad to help me, but at my age that is a real chore getting the computer carried to my car and back in the house. When I get downtown I can call upstairs to their office from my car and they will come down and carry it up for me. It's getting it in and out of the car at home that is the problem. So, can anyone out there tell me how to get the disc out?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
    You can try using a butter knife to slip it out. But if it won't come out, you may need to replace it. Even if you get it out you might damage the floppy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floppy disk fail [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just putting a computer togather now when I turn on the computer after it's done all it's check it'tells me floppy disk fail how can I fix that?

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

Floppy repair software [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I am having frequent problems with my floppy drive as it is not reading most of the floppies. It will read only very good floppies such as monitor installation disks or floppies from top brands only. What I need is , where can i download free software for...

Floppy? [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure how to put this? I have a camera with a floppy disk that you take the picture then put the disk in computer.( It works on a friends computer) When I put it in my computer and go to My Computer and click 3 1/2 Floppy it says Diskin drive is not formated so you say formate and then it says...

View more questions Search