Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpirindinga Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Didn't answer my ex's call. Will he call again?
    I dated a guy for little over a year. It was a long distance relationship. I have a lot going on and have made every attempt to make him part of my life. He too has too much going on. At first everything was OK. But the last couple of months were plagued with arguments. Mostly my fault. We had a great connection but toward the end he became distant. I finally got him to admit his feelings had changed "a bit". He also admitted that knowing about me dating someone else would make him a little jealous, but that it wasn't his ego talking (according to him). He broke up with me and I, stupidly, asked him to reconsider. I asked him to please give me the outcome regardless of what it was. He agreed. He called me two days later and we talked about school for about an hour. Great conversation. He's never called me again. I called him two weeks after the long conversation and we talked for a while. He seemed happy to hear from me. I then made the mistake of texting him two days later to please give me a response. He answered that he'd been drinking and didn't know what I was talking about. I called him two days later and he txt that he was in class. He didn't call me back. That was on 09/20/10. 11 days after I last initiated contact he sent out a funny email to me and couple of our friends. They responded but I didn't. 4 days after that he called me on my cell, but I was not by the phone. I missed the call. My friend advised me not to call him back. To wait for him to call me again. Should I call him back or should I wait? Will he call again? Please help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 01:05 PM

Doesn't sound like this connection is going anywhere fast. I mean you aren't even good text buddies, or phone pals, so I would leave this alone, until you both were serious, and available for each other.

That's not the case now it seems.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 9, 2010, 01:06 PM

Sure, he'll call again. But so what? He doesn't seem to feel the same way you do. You keep trying to convince yourself that he still has feelings for you, but there is no evidence of that from him. His feelings for you have diminished and you're not getting it. You need to give up on him, he's not that into you. Sorry to be so harsh, but just read your own post, and pretend someone else wrote that, then ask yourself what you would tell her. Probably time to get over him and move on..

Oct 9, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    So then why call?
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 9, 2010, 05:30 PM

I think he will call you again because he knows how you feel about him, and I'm sure he likes you. It just sounds to me like your feelings for each other are on different levels. Maybe I'm reading this wrong. But if you think that there is a chance you two could get back together, then return his call. You know you want to talk to him so go ahead. But if you do talk to him and he still seems distant or kind of indifferent to you, then let it go. But one way to find out, call him back... Good Luck..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 05:43 PM

Maybe he was drinking again and that is why he called? Who knows... just wanted to say hey perhaps.
    I agree with the others. If he were interested, he would be trying to contact you regularly. Unless of course HIS friends are telling him to wait for you to contact him now!

Don't play games... as beachloverjohn said, if you want to know, call him. See what reception you get.

Oct 10, 2010, 01:26 PM
    When he called me it was 6:57pm on a Monday. He was on his way back home from school. He wasn't drinking. I know his schedule. I went out with my best friend. He happens to know her too. He NEVER texts her. She posted a picture of our drinks

He text her, instantly after she posted the name of the drinks and whom she was with, asking what type of drinks they were. Then he proceeded to call her to tell her about an interview he has at the firm I work for in two weeks.

He found out about the interview last week. Coinciding with the time he sent out the email. Then he called on Monday, but I didn't answer the phone. Which leads my best friends and I to believe he was wanting to let me know about the interview. If that's the case, I'm over it. He could have called again and told me. Sorry about the way I answered before. I'm not used to this site.

Thanks
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Oct 10, 2010, 02:27 PM

Read your own post back. He broke up with you,nevertheless, being friendly. You talk. You try to convince him to reconcile - he runs.
    You call.
    You text.
    He doesn't respond.
    You call and text some more. Same result.
    Then your friend posts pictures of you two drinking and having fun, and he calls you because he doesn't want to be with you, but he doesn't want you to move on and to forget him either.
    So why are you trying to convince us it's a good idea to call him back? What for, to get more of the same?

Oct 10, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Lmao

I wasn't trying to convince you that it's a good idea to call him back. The question was "Will he call again?" lol!! Thx anyway.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Oct 10, 2010, 03:32 PM

He may call you again as he is sensing you're moving on and getting off the hook, but honestly, why do you even care and wasting your time thinking about it?

Keep pressing forward. He left you, didn't want to reconcile, was not contacting you for weeks - now you got yourself all worked up over one pitiful phone call. Forget it. There are better guys out there.

Oct 10, 2010, 04:45 PM
    That IS true. Thank you :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 05:36 PM

Too much back and forth. People who are really into each other find a way to connect.
    I don't think this guy is really into you.
    Move on.

Oct 10, 2010, 06:55 PM
    He's sadly mistaken if he thinks I'm going to react to that. I was always very supportive of him going to school and would try to keep his spirits up when he would become discouraged. It's strange for me not to care enough to call him back regarding what he told my friend. He's now wondering why I haven't even txt him a congratulations. Especially since I was telling him this firm would call him when he'd lost hope they would. That's got to have him thinking I'm really over it. And you know what? Every day that goes by it gets easier and easier to deal with this. I haven't been tempted to call him once today. I'm sure he'll call, but the way it's going, it's going to be too late. And I'm actually OK with that :) Well, thanks for all the comments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer a telephone call [ 5 Answers ]

:cool: hi there I'm new here!! Is there anybody here that can help me.I've got this problem when answering a telephone call,we are on shipping business so mostly all of our client is foriegner.I just need some right ethics on how to talk to them in a nice way.its just because I'm not that good in...

Why do ex's call when you don't get intouch? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was seeing this girl for like 3 years (I was her first love) an we split up about 3 months ago no, it was on her terms as she said she wanted abit of space. She started seeing this guy immediately after us splitting up but it only lasted 2 an half months before she called it off with him!...

How long should I wait to call again if she doesn't answer? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this girl 2 weeks ago. We had plans to gout on Thursday and she told me last minute that she had to do something for her sorority and that she would like to meet up later that night. Anyway we met up briefly that night and she told me to call her to go out sometime. I called her on...

If they call should I answer [ 5 Answers ]

So usually people talk about the spirts that they feel around them and usually get scared or feel waired, want to run and hide or just get away. I don't feel the earge to run or be scared, With me they call to me like they want me to do something for them, I am a believer in God and I feel hear no...

View more questions Search