Do you use Firefox?
    If you do what are your favorite extensions [add-ons]
    And What is your impression of IE 7?
    ---- Savage
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 06:09 AM
    I use both IE and FF... primarily FF.

The only add-on I use is Tabbrowser Prefs.

I got IE7 with a recent upgrade, but did not like it so uninstalled it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 1, 2007, 06:58 AM
    FF rocks socks.
    I use a number of extensions, but my fave has to be FasterFox
    I'm running IE7 on a test box, but so far I'm NOT impressed at all.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Yes, I use Firefox.

Internet explorer sucks big time. I gave up on it years ago.

Joe
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Perhaps my experience is irrelevant since I am using Linux. I have been using mostly Fire Fox for the last month since I find it more compatible with some website than the Konqueror bundled with Mandrake. I still have trouble with some websites. I think the suits need to set the geeks down and explain to them that they will make the company's website friendly to users without all the latest plug ins, or their replacements will.

I am back using Konqueror. In general I think it is faster than Fire Fox. One thing I like is, for instance here, I open a tread in a new window. After either reading it, or making my own post, I can then close the window, a much faster process than closing a tab in either browser. A window will close while the page is still loading. I selected the newest post at the top, and some times have read it, decided not to add anything. I keep a close eye on much of the DIY forums, but often leave answers to the more experienced.

As for what I think of IE 7 and Microsoft in general? The Admin discourages that sort of language here.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 1, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Rick --your answer made me smile being as I searched back for similar posts prior to starting this thread and noted your response in nov. 2005.

Labman -- I am trying Mandriva out right now on other PC -- its been a interesting ride thus far.

Being as I started this thread I guess its time to post my must haves.
    I use and love all the ones mentioned above but 3 others I must have are easy gestures,All-in-one sidebar and stumbleupon
    If you have Firefox and just like to surf the web once in awhile --try stumbleupon --its how I found this site
    There are about 20 other add-on I use but most are not must haves
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Yeah I use the Firefox, and I must say I prefure it over IE!
    I think I only have the Fasterfox plug in, and then one to modify the look... dont remember what its called:)

I like all the options for Firefox, you can be creative with how you set everything up.. Way cool

Have not tried the IE7.. no reason, esp after hearing the reviews...
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Been using Mozilla for years,and Firefox since version 1.0.I use AdBlock Plus,as my main add-on.I agree with Labman,that the Firefox website,could be a little more user friendly,although I have no navigation problems.
    The trouble with IE7,is that as a Micro$oft browser,it is the most likely to be "cracked",and misused,plus it is code-heavy,and is nothing more than glorified bloatware.Perhaps like wearing a heavy overcoat during a heatwave? Of course,there is the little concern of Active X,another M$ browser add-on,that doesn't please everyone.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Adblock Plus, Tabbrowser preferences are my main ones. I like the Mostly Crystal theme.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 1, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Yeah I use Firefox, I tried out IE7 but it was just disappointing, it's not bad, but it's not great either, and I just want to stick with what I know...

Jan 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    Yeah I use Firefox, I tried out IE7 but it was just disappointing, it's not bad, but it's not great either, and I just want to stick with what I know...
    This answer made me smile after I looked at your age. I am 50 And always trying to know a little more :D [And I am sure you see the way it reads]
    What really made me smile at that answer though is the fact that it's the same answer I get from people when I am trying to convince them to try Firefox
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jan 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Firefox all the way, used to use IE a very long time ago but went Firefox and never looked back.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 1, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSavage
    This answer made me smile after I looked at your age. I am 50 And always trying to know a little more :D [And I am sure you see the way it reads]
    What really made me smile at that answer though is the fact that its the same answer I get from people when I am trying to convince them to try Firefox
    Lol, the key is though I did try it, IE7 that is, and I usually end up working with it ever day, along with Mac's Safari, due to Firefox's lack of popularity...
    pennybot Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Jan 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
    I haven't used Firefox for a while but from what I remember, I decided to go back to IE because I found it a tad more secure.
    I like a popup blocker that *actually* works as intended!

Hi everybody!

Jan 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybot
    i havent used firefox for a while but from what i remember, I decided to go back to IE because i found it a tad more secure.
    I like a popup blocker that *actually* works as intended!

hi everybody!
    That is really odd because I never get pop-ups with Firefox -- Opera I get them once in awhile but not with Firefox.
    One more really nice extension is mouse zoom -- with it you hold right mouse key roll scroll wheel and the text enlarges.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Yeah I agree, My pop up blocker works very well with Firefox! Thinking back I had more nuances with IE7
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Side note: Check out FF's use growth:
    Browser Statistics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firefox 2.0 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date. Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

Firefox? [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason my Firefox worked OK the first day. Now I get no pics when I go to websites/email boxes etc... Dozens of errors on the Java console. I don't get it it worked great then next time I turned on the computer they just aren't working together. Firefox and Java??

Firefox and PDFs [ 9 Answers ]

Been test driving FF about a month now. I do like the tabbed browsing but don't like the way it handles cache.. . anyway, I digress. Whenever I click on a PDF link a new page opens but it's blank and FF is telling me it's Done. Searching "pdf" in FF Help nets zero. I'm assuming it's...

Firefox Or IE? [ 17 Answers ]

The newest of version of Firefox is due to believe released today and it looks like it has hit a 10% market share (info from here). So I was wondering - what browser does everyone use regularly? Just curious to see the spread on these forums. I'm a Firefox user myself and I love it. It tops...

View more questions Search