Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christine82710 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
    How can I become a bulimic?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 11:15 AM

Why would you want to? You do realise how unhealthy it is; people can lose their hair, their teeth, become gravely ill, even die, because of it.

Sure you will lose some weight, but you won't keep it off, and you will look and feel terrible.

Think about how long it took to put the weight on, it will take time to take it off. There is no quick fix that lasts... none. Even surgery to reduce the size of the stomach doesn't always last.

The ONLY thing that will make a lasting, healthy difference is changing how you live and working at it. Rule out any medical cause or concerns first and then take action.

Moving daily... anything, walking, dancing around at home, biking, swimming, sports, exercise dvd, join a gym, walking in place at home in front of the TV is even a start. Eating healthier choices of foods and not eating as much. Many restaurant meals are about 2- 3 serving sizes!

Start small... trying to make too many changes at once cause most people to stop trying.

See your doctor if you have a fair amount to lose. They will help you work out a plan that will work best for you. Get a referral to a dietician as well.

Do some small change, anything, every single day. Even something like eating 3 cookies instead of 6. Parking the car farther away from the store entrance. You will slip off the track once in awhile, but just get back on it!
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 9, 2010, 11:19 AM

Bulimia is a serious physical and mental disorder. It is unhealthy, and is not something people try and become. What is your reason behind your thinking? It seems illogical to want to start living with a disorder. Is your goal to lose weight?
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Are you actually joking? I'm anorexic with bulimic tendencies and I have never heard of someone wanting to become bulimic that's insane ! Don't go down that road you could end up actually getting an eating disorder and trust me it's not nice, yeah I may weigh little but I look terrible and feel like crap oh and I could die but I guess if that's what you want just shove your fingers down your throat and puke until all the food has come out, get a grip.
    suzytbb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 04:53 AM
    I can understand why bulimia sounds good to someone with no experience with it; eat all you want without gaining weight right? Wrong. I'm bulimic and I usually end up gaining weight the more I binge and purge. When you start purging it may seem like a good idea but once you fall in too deep, it starts controlling your life. This isn't my choice anymore, if I could have any wish it would be to be able to eat like a normal person again. Bulimia is an addiction, extremely unhealthy and even life threatening. If you want to lose weight just eat healthier foods, trust me, it works, you just need to be patient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to stop being bulimic [ 21 Answers ]

I am finally admitting to myself that I am bulimic and I need help. I have never told anyone this, or let anyone find out. It started a couple years ago as I was deperately trying to lose weight for my wedding.. well I did. I lost 35 lbs in 7 months. I told myself I would stop after the wedding,...

How do you know if you're bulimic [ 4 Answers ]

Im a 16 year old girl and i had low self-esteem issues a year ago and i would eat and look at my skinny cousins showing their stomachs off and i guess i made myself feel bad. I then started purging.... i thought it was an okay thing to do but it wasn't. My aunt had went through the same thing and...

How do I become bulimic [ 8 Answers ]

:) I'm not crazy I just think I'm overweight I weigh 115 and I am 14 I think that's bad:( I want to at least loose 20lbs. I think I would feel better.. so plzz plzz help:confused:

How to become Bulimic? [ 40 Answers ]

I was wondering on how to become bulimic? I am a little over weight and I need to lose it, and I think that would be the easiest way to lose weight fast. I think I can control myself after I get to the point of where I want to be. I just can't remember what you do. Can anyone help me?

16 year old bulimic [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been bulimic for almost 2 years now. I have of coarse noticed changes in my body. However, lately, I have been experiancing pain in my sides. Kind of where your kidneys are, and it feels tender, it hurts when I put pants on. Is this normal for bulimics? Or does this have to do...

View more questions Search