Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgbc43 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 06:42 AM
    I married a man in the army, got my dependent id, alaskan id,and temp.ssn.
    Which he all took from me when I left Alaska. He said he will send me ticket to meet him in Seattle. He is to sign in to his new command post this nov. But I got an email saying he filed for an annulment of our marriage. All my things are with him and I have no money since he made me quit my job when he ask me to marry him... what should I do and where should I go to ask for help?

Oct 13, 2010, 06:45 AM
    How do you qualify to have a temporary ssn?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 07:07 AM

How long have you been married to this low life? Do you want to remain married to this slug or not. Was the marriage consummated (intercourse)?

Since your marriage occurred while he was in the military and it appears that you were not an American, I am thinking that he must have had to go to his commanding officer to get permission to marry you.

Immediately you should go to a Base Chaplin (for your faith) nearest to your location and seek guidance from him/her. They will be able to help you understand your options. As of right now, you are still a military dependent and have rights under both military law and civil law.

Also, just because he wants an annulment, does not mean he gets one. You have to consent to an annulment.

Oct 13, 2010, 07:41 AM
    Comment on donf's post
    I married him last June 14 in Alaska. No I don't want to be married with him. And yes it was consummated. I just got an email saying he pawned my iMac laptop.. and I learned from friends that he is on his way to vegas right this very moment...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 07:43 AM

There is no such thing as a temporary SS number.

Why do you need something like this?

Oct 13, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I married a man in servicen,I'm not a us citizen. He said that he applied for my ssn that he got it but was denied... having problems with him.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 07:51 AM

He may have applied for a SS number for you. I have no idea how he would do that without you being physically present (in fact, I think it's impossible) BUT I believe he is lying to you. Why? I have no idea.

Oct 13, 2010, 07:56 AM
    But I think he did get it. Because it was delivered to his dad's home in Illinois and I heard his dad mention it on the phone...
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 08:02 AM

Then why are you asking the question? It appears you already know the answer. The process doesn't matter if the card was obtained in your name.

There is NO temporary SS issued.

Oct 13, 2010, 08:18 AM

Talk to a lawyer right now! Or at the very least, talk to his former commander! I believe that this would be considered spousal abandonment. This is activity that the Army needs to be aware of and put the information into his record.

I do not believe he can go to LV and file for a divorce without your consent.

Where you a U.S. citizen prior to your marriage?

Do not wait! Call base legal and see if an Army lawyer can advise you. Also file charges for the theft and sale of your property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 08:20 AM

Please do not start a new thread, merely add to the old one, I have merged your posts

Oct 15, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Because now he's saying that it was denied...

Oct 15, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Comment on donf's post
    No , I'm not a citizen. And I had contacted base legal already. They can't do much till he sign in to his new command post. Can I hire a lawyer and let my husband pay? Since I don't have any money.
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2010, 09:22 AM

If he didn't present the proper ID - and, possibly, you weren't there in person - yes, the application for a SS number would have been denied. Again, there are NO temporary numbers issued.

Yes, contact an Attorney for whatever issue you are asking about and ask the Court to order your husband to pay your legal fees. You may have to pay an upfront retainer yourself.

If you are a military wife, don't you get a portion of his paycheck?

Oct 15, 2010, 02:04 PM

Okay,

I'm getting mixed messages from you.

You say your father is living in Illinois, but you are not a citizen.

How long have you been living in America and where were you born?

Oct 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    Not my father, but my husband's adoptive father lives in Illinois. I'm Indonesian. Stayed in the US for 5 months.

Oct 15, 2010, 06:26 PM
    He don't give me anything..

Oct 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

Okay, by the way, welcome to our homeland.

There is so much going on here that I need to retrench my thoughts.

You and this guy got married in Alaska. Currently he has told you that he is getting an annulment. And to the best of your knowledge he has gone to Los Vegas to get the annulment (at least that's what his friends are telling you)

You have received you military dependent status, but not your Social Security number.

Have you applied for citizenship here in the US yet?

You spoke to the Base Legal department and they told you that nothing can be done until he checks into his new duty station, which you believe to be in Seattle.

How were you able to confirm that he has orders to Seattle? Did Base Legal contact his next duty station to verify if in fact he has already checked in?

Did you talk to his former commanding officer in Alaska about your situation and the theft of your proerty and its eventual sale?

Have you been served with any legal papers from your husband?

I believe that both of you would need to be residents of Nevada in order for either a divorce or an annulment to take place. I'm not an attorney but that certainly needs to be checked out and rather quickly.

I would not trust the next breath that your husband takes much less anything he says to you. And certainly not anything his friends say to you.

I strongly suggest you cease all contact with his friends and him and get an attorney right now!

Oct 15, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    Yes.we married in Alaska last June.then this oct.when I was in indonesia,he said by email,that the marriage was void,he filed for an annulment.he took my id.I was to suppose to go with him to seattle.all my things are with the household goods.

Oct 15, 2010, 07:15 PM

Why did he say the marriage was void?

What reason did he give you to support that position?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you claim a dependent even if the dependent files [ 2 Answers ]

My son is twenty seven. He lived with us from Nov. 08 to July 09. He didn't have a job during those months. He found a job in Aug. 09 and worked until Dec.09. He got laid off. Will we be able to claim him as a dependent even if he files??

Military Mom's Custody Rights [ 4 Answers ]

Divorced military Mom has primary physical custody of son (3 years old) in the state of Iowa. Dad does have visitation. She is deploying in December and would like her son to live with her parents rather than his bio dad (she has concerns). Can she make this decision or does she have to go back...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search