Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprildawg2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 11:34 PM
    Salary
    Is it true that Salary pay has to be at least double minimum wage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2006, 11:53 PM
    No, some states ( like TN) has a min amount it has to be.
    But it is less than double min wage
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Here in Ontario, Your total income that you take home must equal at least minimum wage.

So if you work 40 hours, and you just get a flat fee of $400, that comes out to $10/hour.

However, if they give you $400 and make you wake 80 hours, then you are only making $5/hour, which is LESS then the minimum wage. So then they must give you more money to get you up to at least the minimum wage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary [ 4 Answers ]

How do you calculate salary? If a job offers you a hourly salary and then says your yearly salary is this amount, how come they don't average out. For example if the hourly rate is 14.00 an hour, what would the yearly salary be?

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

Acountant Salary [ 4 Answers ]

How much does a Acountant make a year?

Salary Question [ 2 Answers ]

A business enterprise pays weekly salaries of $20,000 every Friday for the five-day week ending on that day. If the fiscal period happens on a Thursday, an adjusting entry would be necessary. This adjusting entry would consist of? A- Debit Salaries Expense, $4000 & Credit Salaries Payable, $4000...

View more questions Search