Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravagedhand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Kurdish etiquette between friends.
    A long-time friend of mine has opened a successful pizza shop. He is Kurdish-Iraqi and when he first came to Canada ten years ago I was one of his first best friends. I have returned to my hometown after being gone a long time and am happy to see that he has succeeded.
    My problem is this: Whenever I go into the shop, he gives me free pizza or massive discounts and won't take No for an answer. I know that Kurdish people are some of the kindest and most giving people in the world, but it's starting to make me a little uncomfortable. I don't want him to start thinking that I'm going in to his place BECAUSE he's giving me deals. How do I politely and properly put a stop to his generosity while not insulting him? Knowledge of Kurdish culture would be essential for answering thie question.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2010, 01:10 PM

Reciprocate - if the restaurant is closed any evenings or at lunch, invite him to your home or another restaurant that's totally different from his for a meal once in a while. Or if that won't work (restaurant owners don't have a lot of time off usually) bring him a gift. Also bring new customers to his restaurant - bring friends who are likely to return in the future to help him build his business, and talk him up to them in his presence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 02:26 PM

Yes, do't insult him by refusal, if you can afford, return his favors if possible
    ravagedhand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 03:11 PM
    These are great responses. Thank you. I will think of a reciprocal gift that would make sense, and definitely bring him new customers. I work in advertising and have a lot of contacts, so I'm sure I can help him out in this way. Thanks for the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friends husband cosign for a apartment and she use her first name and my friends s [ 1 Answers ]

My friends husband use as a cosigner for a apt lease without her knowledge and they use another name with the husband last name and thet want to get out of the lease what is the procedure to go tru this the landlord said that the husband can be out off the lease if the other tenant will find...

Kurdish Genocide [ 4 Answers ]

Can somebody explain to me the 8 stages of genocide as they pertain to the Kurdish genocide (ANFAL campaign)? I don't understand it at all. Or at least redirect me to a site which BLATANTLY has it? Thanks.

View more questions Search