Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passme101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Hvac
    When I push the contactor it all works but as soon as I let go everything stops running. What should I check for ? My run capacitor or my contactor ?
    nvdragon1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2013, 08:33 AM
    You have two LOW voltage CALL wires on the side of the contactor.. seems like you are not getting a call signal from the indoor unit or you have a dog that has chewed or broken wires.. they normally run alongside the line set from the house.. if the system runs when you push it.. then it can't be the cap.. . that would not allow it to start at all.. it would just hummmmm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hvac [ 4 Answers ]

My daughters hvac system is in the basement 16" from floor drain. Could this be cause of grandsons asthma like symptom, constant colds,breathing problems?

Hvac [ 1 Answers ]

In order for an air-conditioning coil to remove moisture from the air, it must be below what temperature of the air?

Hvac [ 1 Answers ]

Heat pump blowing cold air

Hvac No AC [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2year old goodman straight ac, 3 amp fuse keeps blowing on the control board in my furnace since the first time I tried to put it in ac this season. Have tested all wires for shorts with tester, have traced to the C/U, not the low voltage wiring.

View more questions Search