Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viki904 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 08:32 PM
    13 year relation and no more love
    I have been married for 13 years now and 12 of them were spent waiting for my husband to fall in love with me. I was only 16 at the time so I really didn't now getting married was a big issue. All this time he treat me like nothing, he never hit me or leave me to go out a lot, but I always new he didn't love me. After the first 2 years of marriege we stopped having sex because he didn't want any and still I waited for him for many years having sex once or if lucky twise a month. No hugs or I love yous from him just to find out after our 11th anniversary that he was having a affair. I believe it was not long but still, he never wanted to be with me. I stopped loving him but my kids keep me from leaving him. Unexpectedly I started falling for his friend that wanted to begin a relation then suddenly stopped it. I believe its because he is a true friend and that's fine, His friend told me that if I wasn't with him everything would be different, I believed he liked me as well. Should I leave my husband?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 07:50 AM

Do not leave your husband for another relationship. If you leave him, do so because it is the best thing for you and your children.

If you leave, do not jump into a new relationship. Take time to stand on your own two feet and rebuild your life as you want it not as you think it should be to accommodate anyone other than your children. Prove to yourself that you are strong enough to not rely on someone else to love you and make you happy.

If there is no love between you and it is a marriage in name only, perhaps it would be best for you to get out before you make the same mistake of cheating that he has. I doubt that was his first affair or will be his last especially if he has no feelings for you. Even one affair or the possibility of one is a trust breaker. Do you trust him? Do you think with your feelings for the friend, he can trust you?

You could try marriage counseling and it might be a way to work through the issues so that if you part ways, it is on amicable terms instead of as enemies. Your children do not need or deserve to be pawns in a bad divorce.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:04 AM

Not for another guy, absolutely NOT!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:07 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 year old girl falls in love with a 60 year old man [ 1 Answers ]

I saw parts of this movie, it's pretty old, and I forgot the title of it. It's about a 16 year old girl that falls in love with a 60 year old man. I think he's a painter. Her parents are disgusted by this, and urge her never to go near him. I remember how this boy is angry that she doesn't like...

We love each other but don't know how long our relation ship can last . [ 6 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 5 years now... I don't know how we are still togather cause we are so different.. he never told me you look great today not once in 5 years ,never told me that he loves me except when I tell him cause he feels pushed by me and answer back, me 2.. we live...

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

I am 19 year old and love a 14 year old girl [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old guy and love a 14 year old girl. The girl is one of my dad's best friends daughter. Both our parents know this thing. They have no problems. We both stay far apart . I amn't dating her, but I keep thinking of her all day and I know she too does. But thinking of her age and...

View more questions Search