Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doris0901 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Picture of aborted fetus hippa violation
    No patient information was inclued with picture, no was picture shared with anyone else - abortion was performed at my place of employment and was past gestional period of "being legal" in my state but was performed regardless. I was terminated for taking the picute of the products of conception which clearly indicated the gestational period was far beyond our license to perform the procedure within our facility.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 01:06 PM

If no one was identified along with the picture of the aborted fetus, then no violation occurred. However, many aspects of your post bother me, although I am not an anti abortionist.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 03:33 PM

So why did you steal company property,

To violate the Hipaa you had to give medical info to someone not entitled or authorised to have it.

If you turned this over to the police or the DA to report a crime, then you did not break any Hipaa law,

In doing so, you should have know you would be fired by going against the company where you work
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 03:54 PM

Most folks do npot realize it but are employees "at will." You can be bterminated for no reason at anytime. However, if you feel you were fired for being a "whistle blower" complain to the EEOC How Do I File an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaint?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

HIPPA Violation [ 5 Answers ]

At an assisted living facilty we have a monthly calendar that list the 1st name, last initial of residents who reside there. This is not a nursing home. Also listed is the day and year, for example: Happy Birthday to Betty B - 3, 1918. Would this be considered a this a violation of HIPAA?...

HIPPA - is this a violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was asked by my HR person what doctor and medicine I am taking for depression. My sister says that this is none of their business and they really can not ask it.

Hippa violation [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a medical billing office, only 2 people in our office ever have reason to look at charts. I recently looked at my own chart as I see a doctor in a group that we bill for to see if any of my co-workers might be looking at my chart and to my surprise my direct supervisor and 2 co-workers...

HIPPA violation? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a lap band surgery performed in mid December. I work for a surgeon who happens to be the chief in the department. After informing him and my supervisor of my surgery, he called his lover and told him of my upcoming surgery. He then had him call me and try to talk me out of...

View more questions Search