Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Can I get custody of my sister and I'm only 18 and she is 15 years old
    My younger sister is 15 years old, I Have 2 jobs and I am getting a two bedroom apartment for my sister and I. I go to college also. She will be turning 16 soon. We have lived with my nana since we were two but my mom has custody, my grandmother is aging badly. My moms ihas a felony record is in and out of drugs. Although she isn't abusive she isn't stable or good for my sister. I basically raised my little sister. Can I get custody of her I have witnesses athat can prove I am responsible enough to do it. I just don't want to try to and then I loose and my sister gets taken away
    ghadaahlawya Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 8, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Try ti take care of her and you are not going to lose
    karriegab82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2010, 08:55 AM
    You will have to look into it, but you may be able to get you mom on abandonment charges, if you can prove the abandonment, her felony, and the drug use you may be able to prove her unfit, and gain the custody. My recommendation is to find a good aggressive lawyer. Also when signing up for YOUR classes try to make them work like a 9-5 job so that they can't say you won't be there for you sister in a supervisory role. You know just cover all your bases! Kuddos to you for the 2 jobs and going to school and wanting to take your sister. Also if grandma has any paperwork from your mom giving her temp custody or anything like that it will work in your favor proving abandonment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want Custody of my 14 yr old sister [ 9 Answers ]

I am here to see if anyone would happen to know what I have to do to get guardianship/custody of my 14 yr old sister... im 25 and married with no kids... mom is unfit at this time to handle a 14 yr old and she can barley handle herself... dad works nights and you can't leave a 14yr old home all...

Custody of my sister? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 yrs old and I was adopted at the age of 15 along with my 2 sisters and 1 brother. My brother is soon going to be 18 and my sisters still have about 5 years to go. I would like to gain custody of them, but I am not sure if I am able to with them being adopted. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

Custody of my sister [ 1 Answers ]

How can i get full custody of my younger sister from my aunt? Well i'm 19 and she's 14 and well i lived with my aunt when i was younger too, she doesn't treat her right she treats her worse than she treated me! And i need to get her right away! The thing is though that i live with my boyfriend and...

Getting custody of my 13 sister [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what do I need to do to try and get custody of my 13yr old sister which her father came in got her by law they say.Him and my mom was not together any more.he drinks too much he can't keep a job and he is not stable.the hold time he had a chance to do for my sister he didn't do.he...

Custody of my sister! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my sister is 13 years old. We were adopted by our cousins in 2000 and now I am moved out and I have my own apartment. I am engaged and we would like to get custody of my sister. She is being hit with a cutting boared for no reason. She is being emotionally abused and I was...

View more questions Search