Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrussell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 10:03 AM
    How to wire a 230 volt 10 amp pump to a 110 volt float switch with a contact switch
    How to wire a 230 volt 10 amp pump to a 110 volt float switch with a contact switch.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 10:48 AM
    The float switch will need to operate the coil of a contactor or relay that can then control the pump motor.

Need to get a two pole contactor rated to handle the horsepower of the motor, with a 120 volt coil. Then supply 120 volts to the float switch and a switch leg back to the coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Can I operate 230 volt machinery with 480/277 volt [ 7 Answers ]

480/277 volt 3 phase power is the proposed electrical service for a for a new building. Will I be able to power machinery that requires 230 volt 3 phase?

How to wire two 110 volt outlets from a generator to a 22 volt input [ 2 Answers ]

Have a generator with two 110 volt output's and would like to back feed a panel to the house that is already installed for this application. It has a 220 input to the house panel, can this be done .

Connecting a 240 volt 20 amp duplex outlet on a generator to a 20 amp transfer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Coleman generator (5 KW) that a 240 Volt duplex outlet 20 AMP. I have a transfer switch rated for 5 KW that has a twist lock connector. How do I make a cord to go from my generator to the transfer switch without having to re-wire my generator? Thanks, Stan

81 volt measured at light switch in 120 volt circuit [ 3 Answers ]

The dimmer for a ceiling light/fan combo in the bedroom stopped working. When trying to replace it with an electronic dimmer swich, nothing would work, so I measured voltage from the wires in the box. I had 122V from black to black but 81V from red to black. What would cause such disparity? ...

View more questions Search