Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MicahSikah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Bryant 383KAV Furnace Ignitor will NOT get RED??
    I have a Bryant 383KAV. When I install the bottom panel the blower runs for about 90 seconds. Once the blower runs for 90 seconds, the inducer fan will start up and then I hear the click that would typically begin the process of heating up the Ignitor. After about 7 seconds or so, I can hear/smell Gas seeping out into the chamber, but it obviously doesn't ignite because the Ignitor isn't getting red. At that point it gives me a Error code of 34. I used a long match and ignited the chamber from a distance once I heard the gas coming out and the Furnace fired right up and seemed to stay lit. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could check? I assume its something to do with the ignitor. Do I try to replace the Ignitor? Is this a difficult task? Could it be something with the computer/board? I would just hate to replace the Ignitor if it was something silly like a fuse or loose wire or something like that. Please advise. Its getting cold here in Ohio!

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Furnace model 383KAV won't kick on [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not getting any error led blips from the computer board. I can only see one limit switch which isn't tripped. I replaced the thermostat but that wasn't it. I've checked breakers and even tried tripping them off and then back on. Usually if I remember right this furnace goes through a...

Bryant 383KAV Furnace - Code 14 - Not getting 120 volts to ignitor [ 4 Answers ]

Still scratching my head on this one. Everything appears to be working fine on my furnace, except that the ignitor is not getting juice to glow orange/white, hence the gas is not igniting? I disconnected the ignitor harness from the control board, ran the test sequence again, and determined that I...

Bryant 383KAV Furnace repeatedly tries to ignite but fails [ 3 Answers ]

For the last two nights (very cold weather) our Bryant Furnace appears to be attempting to start, fan kicks in and the burners ignite then it shuts off 2-3 seconds later this happens repeatedly. The first night (around 3 am) I noticed this I turned the heat off with the thermostat and left it for...

Bryant 383KAV Gas Furnace Does Not Work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My Bryant 383KAV gas furnace does not work. The RED light (start) does not come on. There is 24 V current coming out of TRANSFORMER into the board. By the way the board fuse is fine. So I'm not sure if the board is the problem. PLease help. Thank you, Dave

383KAV Bryant Furnace - Code 14 Not getting 120 volts to ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

Still scratching my head on this one. Everything appears to be working fine on my furnace, except that the ignitor is not getting juice to glow orange/white, hence the gas is not igniting? I disconnected the ignitor harness from the control board, ran the test sequence again, and determined that I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.