Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmzcrrazi Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Would it be possible to write a fake address on a letter?
    Me and my 3 best friends always pull pranks on each other randomly I don't know why its just our thing I guess. I want to write a fake letter to my friend she lives in Florida now and I want to send it from California but I want to write a fake address like its from Wyoming or Oregon or something is that possible?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 08:06 PM

What about the postmark?
    leilani76 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Yes, you can write any address you wish on the envelope but if you mail it from California it will be postmarked in California. Otherwise you need to send it inside another envelope to any acquaintance you may have in any of the other states to mail the letter for you and it will then it will be evident in Florida it really came from another address.

Oct 6, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Is there any way to change the postmark?

Oct 6, 2010, 08:19 PM
    Comment on leilani76's post
    Is there any way to change the postmark cause I don't know anyone from that state.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 08:52 PM

lilmzcrrazi : is there any way to change the postmark?
    No, there isn't. The envelope will be postmarked by the post office from which it is sent. If you want it to be postmarked from Ithaca, NY, for instance, someone has to mail it from there.
    leilani76 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    If the envelope to reach Florida is sent INSIDE ANOTHER ENVELOPE to someone in another state and that person pulls it out and then mails it, then YES it will be postmarked by the other state which is what she want and which is what I meant.

Oct 7, 2010, 04:29 PM

Ohok thank you so much :]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write Letter [ 5 Answers ]

I need to write a letter to companies, hotels, etc.. Introducing our optical (vision/eye wear).

How to write HR department address proof certificate for bank loan [ 0 Answers ]

Dear sir I had gone to hdfc bank . The bank manager said to me ,the bank wants your address proof certificate .How to write a letter to HR department.

What address do I need to write on my tax form? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I received my W2 on which there's written my old address, now I live in Italy... do I have to write my current Italian address or the same address that you find on my W2? If I write my current Italian address, will it be a problem that the address on the W2 is different? I really hope...

View more questions Search