Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victory315807 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 07:24 PM
    501c3 rules and regulations
    Is it illegal or not in compliance of 501c3 for a Pastor to pay the bills of the church?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:27 PM

Hello V:

SOMEBODY has to pay the bills of the church, and if the church itself (the 501C3 organization) doesn't have the funds, there's nothing illegal about the pastor paying them. He's allowed to donate to his church too.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 03:55 AM

In some denominations, the church body decides who is the treasurer of the church , most will require an independent auditor of the church books each year.

But in many small churches, the pastor is the one who starts and opens the church, he may pay all the bills till it gets started.

The money just needs to be keep apart and used and reported according to proper rules

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rules regulations for 501c3 organizations [ 7 Answers ]

Would a non profit organization (501c3) be in violation if, the organization participated in an internet travel business as a fundraiser, and at the same time, members of the same organization would also earn personal funds?

501C3 rules and regulations [ 8 Answers ]

I have gone through pages upon pages of IRS docs and haven't found my answer so before my head explodes, I thought I would try here to hopefully get pointed in the right direction. I am the Captain of a 501C3 volunteer unit in our county that on occasion, assists law enforcement or fire as...

Rules and regulations for 501(c-3) [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a board that is a 501 (c-3) they don't seem to be following any rules. How can I find out how they should be conducting a meeting. Example -. Signing black checks, giving raises with out board approval, not having motions made when making decisions. :( I try to explain that the meeting...

Rules and regulations [ 7 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations of a 501c3 organization

View more questions Search