Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinpan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Nordyne Furnace doesn't spark - A/C fan blows
    Hi there,

My 15 years old Nordyne Furnace ran well 3, 4 weeks ago – suddenly the Blower blew cool air while the Thermostat Control Switch was ON position (I found out that it was the A/C started blowing cool air, I guessed). After that, there were Malfunctions:

1. I turned Control Switch and Thermostat Disc to higher position, A/C ran right away (maybe Blower blew cool air from the Duct), after 2 minutes dann blew warm air. (Normally, the Sparkler and Burner work for 2 minutes then Blower blew warm air very slightly, not the loudly A/C fan).

2. The Sparkler (it is the Pilot but lights from the Electronic Control Board, I think) and the Burner worked unstabled: Sometimes they started to burn if I had luck. When the Furnace ran for about 1 hour than it started to blew cool air (Burner is off) and the Pilot is not able to re-light.

Can any HVAC expert help me to identify the Malfunctions and where can I order the parts.

Someone told me it was the Thermocouple (?)
    And some told me it was the Electronic Control Board and the Gas Control Valve.
    Some tells me the Thermostat and/or Glow bar cause the problems.

How can I test them before I buy parts because the old parts are very hard to find.

Thanks. Kevin P.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Nordyne heater fan not working right [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age. The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01 Forced air and natural gas heater. The problem is with the fan I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on. Once the burner heats up the fan turns on, The fan...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.