Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonely_boy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Do you want to donate your car to me or an engine? I'm desperate!
    Hi everyone, I’m really embarrassed doing this but I’m desperate about my financial situation, so I’m looking for someone how wants donate a car because mine is too old (Isuzu Rodeo 1999)

Thanks a lot

Ernesto
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 04:24 AM

I have edited your post, we do not find or give things here off this site, but some may come and give you ideas

While cars go bad, I drive a 1989 truck with 250,000 plus miles on it ( a lot cheaper to fix than make new car payments) And my car is a 1991 Mercury.
    Guess I would love someone to give me a newer car also.

Have you checked with the local religious group that you may belong to ?

Oct 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Are you the administrator of the web site? How can you edit my question if I'm seeing a lot of similar requests? If I am doing something wrong, just let me know.

Ernesto

By the way, the engine is not the unique problem with my car, there are some other problems that in a short future will make it break down completely (the gas pump, transmission, ABC break system, etc). If I had the money to repair it I would not be asking for help. I purchased the car 4 years ago, but the dealer never mentioned it had been crashed and as we used it, the problems started to show up one by one.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 09:58 PM

Try Kijiji, or another give away site.

People may come here and give you more ideas where to look for a vehicle, but I doubt anyone on this site will give you one.

This is a question and answer site, not a charity or give away site. Too many people are also struggling financially, the majority of us can't afford to give away vehicles, especially vehicles that run.

Good luck.

Oct 9, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Well…………….. you may be right, but who knows if there is a generous soul that wants to help me in this issue, and I really wonder why my question causes controversy, there are a lot of people who are using the same site looking for help.

Anyway

Thanks a lot and God bless you.

Ernesto
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely_boy View Post
    Well……………..you may be right, but who knows if there is a generous soul that wants to help me in this issue, and I really wonder why my question causes controversy, there are a lot of people who are using the same site looking for help.

Anyway

Thanks a lot and God bless you.

Ernesto
    Take a bus if you can't afford a car. A car is a luxury, not a necessity, and to ask people you don't even know to give you a car, that's just a slap in the face. That's why there's controversy.

Maybe if you got rid of your computer and your internet than you could find a way to get a car by yourself, instead of asking strangers that are also suffering through a terrible economy, to give you one.

Do you understand a bit better now?

Oct 9, 2010, 10:09 PM

Your answer is disrespectful because since I am a stranger to you, as you just mentioned, you do not know what is behind my request and it is exactly because I do not know the people that I do not give further details of my life. If you cannot provide a helpful answer, then do not answer.

shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 11:28 PM

Lonely boy, Altenweg was not being direspectful, just realistic.

I also have no car, and no money, we barely make ends meet, but I wouldn't go asking strangers for handouts... why? Because not only would someone be pretty darn stilly to give a car away to someone they don't know (for all we know you could be a scammer) but I can get around other ways.
    Like Altenweg said, busses are an option, or depending how far you have to go a pushbike, you have the bonus of gaining some fitness there.

Try looking in local newspapers for cheap cars and asking around.
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2010, 11:42 PM

You have a 1999 rodeo? Id kill for a car that new, abs is solved by diverting brake lines, well transmission is easy, be gentle on the car and replace trans oil with a really good oil, they don't break for no good reason, and a fuel pump you can by from a wreckers, all in all you may spend $200 if you are mechanically minded, and if you aren't look for workshop manuals for the rodeo online I can guarantee that it wouldn't be hard to find as rodeo's are a popular mini truck here in Aus and the world over

Happy hunting

Bahamut
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 11:46 PM

Let me get this straight. I'm disrespectful because I told you the truth, but you, someone that has a car already

looking for someone how wants donate a car because mine is too old (Isuzu Rodeo 1999)
    But wants another one for free out of the goodness of other people's hearts, even though the majority of people out there are barely scraping by, you're not disrespectful at all? Are you for real?

You want, you don't need, and that's a huge slap in the face to every person in the world right now that can't even afford to eat, much less get a car.

Just fyi, about your request that I stop posting. It's a public site, this thread is a public thread, and seeing as I'm a member of that public, I'll continue to post as I see fit.

Good luck to you and your quest. Maybe there's a sucker out there that will give you your second car. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donate me a car [ 5 Answers ]

I live in maynardville.tenn I am 52 years old and I draw s.s.I and s.s.a . I can't hardly aford my light or water bill. So that makes it hard to get a car. I would greatly appreciate it if you point me the right way.

Can someone donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 29 year old single parent with 2 little kids 1 1years old the other one is 5 years old I'm currently in school and works I have to catch the bus in the cold to take my son to school and my little girl to daycare and then I go to school and I can't go back to work until I get another...

Who should I Donate my car to [ 6 Answers ]

Wasn't sure where to put this so car and truck seemed like the right place. I am getting the new 2010 Honda Insight this Friday, I did not use my car as a trade in. Even though it still runs, it is in bad shape. But with a medium amount of work it should be fine. My problem is I do not know...

Donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

I am married with three small children. I am a painter for a construction company and started this job back in March of 08. Before that though I was out of work for over a year. We got for behind on our bills and came very close to losing our house. The mortgage company has allowed us to open a...

View more questions Search