Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennuhfer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Condom broke, now I'm having an extremely light period, could I be pregnant?
    On sept 29 our condom broke. Didn't get plan b. Wasn't supposed to start until the 7th
    But I started on October 5. Although my periods are ALWAYS heavy this one is not.
    Very very very light. I've never had spotting. I was wondering if I could actually have gotten
    Pregnant a week before my period. Its too early for a pregnancy test, and I'll make an
    Apt. With a doctor later this month. Just want to see if anyone else has been through
    This.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 03:46 AM

It's not likely, but pregnancy is possible if you happened to ovulate later in your cycle. Any possibility you might have already been pregnant prior to the condom breaking?

See if you get a more usual period in the next few days. If not, try a pregnancy test and/or see your doctor.
    Could just be an off cycle, but of course you would want to rule out pregnancy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 10:08 AM

Agreed, not very likely, but possible, yes. And even the worry from the condom breaking can cause it to vary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex 1 week after an abortion and the condom broke. [ 13 Answers ]

I recently had an abortion and the bleeding only lasted that day and it was very light. I took the antibiotics they gave me and started the pill on the Sunday after the abortion --2 days later. A week to the day later I had sex and used a condom--2 actually, because we thought the first one was...

Condom broke 10 days before my due period, could I get pregnant & what are the odds? [ 2 Answers ]

I've never had this happen before. It broke on the 29, my period is supposed to come on the 7. Or around there. Could I be pregnant? And what are the odds that I could be if I am...

Birth Control Pills. Started with no condom. Finished with condom. Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

: My girlfriend and I have been having sex fairly often for a little over a year now. She has been on Yaz birth control for a year and she has never missed a pill. She was late on one pill 2 days ago because we were out of town and got home late that night. She normally takes them at 10pm, this...

Condom broke, and I'm really scared. [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of like 3 years and I are both sexually active with each other, alt. Off and on we use condoms. The condoms really irritate me alt, and it hurts when we do have sex. Recently we used a condom to be on the safe side. I'm 18 and I don't really want to have a baby right now, But the...

The condom broke. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Last night me and my partner were having sex when the condom broke. Do you suggest I get the morning after pill? And if I do, I can't get it until tomorrow. Are there any other ways to prevent pregnancy? Also, I have a related question that I mght as well ask here too. I've...

View more questions Search