Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amolu Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:22 AM
    How do I get students to enrol in my classes?
    I have started offering performing arts classes for 8-16 year olds in my town. We offer dance, acting and singing. There are other companies doing the same thing, but not in the same area. The prices are competitive, our website is quite good and we have a unique selling point. We have handed out leaflets and advertised in the local press - but we can't seem to get the numbers. I've looked at other people's classes and even those that don't seem half as good as ours have got enrolments. I'm trying to be creative in my marketing, but have a tight budget. Any ideas please?
    SUPA_FINE Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2010, 10:39 AM
    I wish they had somting like that where I live. But people that young like things that relate to them. Like up to date music, Acting out the popular movies, and she famous people try to have a gather and hiring a person with fame for it. So that young people would wanta come all it would take is one time
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 10:39 AM

Does your advertising emphasize your experience, training, education? In my area there are a lot of similar classes - some of the owners and/or instructors are experienced and have credentials but many others do not. There was recently an article in our local newspaper about how to pick a dance class for a child.

Perhaps you need to emphasize your qualifications.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPA_FINE View Post
    i wish they had somting like that where i live. But people that young like things that relate to them. like up to date music, Acting out the popular movies, and she famous people try to have a gather and hiring a person with fame for it. So that young people would wanta come all it would take is one time

What?
    amolu Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    This is very useful. Looking at our website - we emphasise this more. Thanks.
    alchemist13 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 08:47 PM
    Why don't you coma up with a free concert in your town which will showcase the skills and abilities of your current students. Then at the end of the program try giving application forms to people who watched your performances. In that case, you will let your possible clients to see how capable your institution in enhancing and developing their arts skills.

Hope this will help you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DV classes [ 7 Answers ]

:mad: Last October I was taking in for a DV charge misdemeanor . I went to court and now I have to do the classes and a pay fine, I have no motivation to go to the classes because I don't think that they apply to me. What will happen if I decide not to go to class or meet with a po?

Classes [ 1 Answers ]

In fl when you get divorced it is required to take a children first in divorce class. What if the other parent doesn't take it?

What classes [ 3 Answers ]

School starts in 2 weeks and I was wondering what classes would be the best to have on my transcript for forensic science and such.

Classes [ 1 Answers ]

Would you please correct this if necessary One day, I had an idea that if I could convince the company to start a GED program at their facility, it would be conveyance for me. Therefore, when I got off from work, I wouldn’t have to drive some twenty-nine miles to school to take the GED classes...

View more questions Search