Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justonce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Parents/Boyfriend
    I started dating a guy about 4 months ago, when he asked what my dad did for a living, I told him that he owns a very large company. Truth is, he doesn't own the company, he just works within it. I don't know why I said it, but since then I've just rolled with it. Now I just feel stupid, because I could see myself with him for a long time. I don't want to lie anymore about it. How do I fix this?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 10:05 AM

You tell him the truth. There really isn't anything else you can do.
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Sit him down and tell him the truth. You need to be honest with him. If it helps have your dad be there when you talk to him or just have your dad talk to him. I think your dad being there will help A lot cause then he could explain and your boyfriend might not be so upset when you tell him the truth.
    kpg0001 Posts: 88, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2010, 04:33 PM

The sooner you tell him the better. It's an embarrassing moment just waiting to happen and the longer it waits the worse it will be.

You shouldn't do it in front of your dad, you'll freak the kid out.

Personally I would bring up a conversation about your dad and sort of mention "oh by the way...blah blah blah". You don't have to make it serious because it really isn't that serious of an issue. You tried to sound "cool" and now you regret it, we all do this. The worst thing you could do is make this into some sort of honesty issue where you try to apologize for something minor. He won't care. Just tell him "what's up". Depending on the guy he might jab at you(just playing around) about it from time to time because it is pretty funny, I would, but I also wouldn't think it was a big deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad to not tell my parents about my boyfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 14. My boyrfirend and I have been going out for a little over 5 months. People at school know about us. My parents don't know about it and my boyfriends dad just found out, but his parents didn't know before. Im not really close to my parents. They are hard to talk to and I just don't like...

My boyfriend broke up with me because of my parents? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 19 and my ex is 21. Tomorrow it would have been 8 months for us going out. I love him so much. Before, he "broke" up with me, but it was a two day break, but then he came back loving me more than ever. We have shared soooo much together, and we have done everything together. However, even...

Parents vs. Emancipation vs. Boyfriend [ 23 Answers ]

Okay, So I'm not going to tell my whole life story, but I am 15 about to be 16 in two months. Anyway, so I have always had I guess you could call them suicide thoughts, but the only thing that makes them really go away is my boyfriend. Thing about that is my parents are tripping hard about...

Boyfriend afraid of my parents. [ 6 Answers ]

Well I know this guy for 6 months now... & I fall in love with him... however he never proposed to me but confess that he likes me... but I don't know why he is afraid of my parents without any certain reason... every time I tell him that my parents are not that conservative or strict... but he...

My boyfriend has crackhead parents [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and his parents are crackheads. Seriously. His dad hits his mom and smokes crack around him and his little brother and cheats on his mom. His mom stays with his dad even though the dad does this crap. The dad is the only one that works and spends...

View more questions Search